Dear the University of Bath,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please can you provide me with the following information regarding undergraduate admissions:
For each of the last four undergraduate application cycles (for typical entry in 2008 through to 2011), seperately for Home (UK) students, 'other' EU students and for International students:
1. The number of applications revieved through UCAS by the standard deadline for equal consideration (15th January for most courses, but 15th October, 24th March, etc where applicable).
2. The number of offers made to applicants (of those in #1).
3. The number of students (of those in #2) who made the university their "firm".
4. The number of students (of those in #2) who made the university their "insurance".
5. The number of those in #3 who enrolled at the university in the Autumn.
6. The number of those in #4 who enrolled at the university in the Autumn.
7. The number of students who enrolled at the university in the Autumn, but are not included in #1. This should include students accepted through "clearing" and "adjustment" and anyone else who did not submit an application by the standard deadline referred to in #1.
Please include deferred applications in the application cycle they were submitted in, rather than in the following cycle.
For the 2011 cycle, I appreciate definitive numbers for #5, #6 and #7 may not be known, but please can you provide the latest estimates based on available data.
I believe this should be 84 pieces of data. I look forward to your response, which I would ask you to provide in either plain text or an ISO standard spreadsheet document (either OpenDocument Spreadsheet ISO/IEC 26300:2006 or Office Open XML Workbook ECMA-376 ISO/IEC 29500) as I am entitled to ask under Section 11 of the Freedom of Information Act.
Dear G. Auger
Thank you for your request for information. Your email was received on
20th September 2011 and has been dealt with under the provisions of the
Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please find the information you requested set out in the attached document.
I hope you find this information useful. If you have any queries, please
contact: [University of Bath request email].
Greg Auger wrote:
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now