Dear the London School of Economics,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please can you provide me with the following information regarding undergraduate admissions:
For each of the last four undergraduate application cycles (for typical entry in 2008 through to 2011), seperately for Home (UK) students, 'other' EU students and for International students:
1. The number of applications revieved through UCAS by the standard deadline for equal consideration (15th January for most courses, but 15th October, 24th March, etc where applicable).
2. The number of offers made to applicants (of those in #1).
3. The number of students (of those in #2) who made the school their "firm".
4. The number of students (of those in #2) who made the school their "insurance".
5. The number of those in #3 who enrolled at the school in the Autumn.
6. The number of those in #4 who enrolled at the school in the Autumn.
7. The number of students who enrolled at the school in the Autumn, but are not included in #1. This should include students accepted through "clearing" and "adjustment" and anyone else who did not submit an application by the standard deadline referred to in #1.
Please include deferred applications in the application cycle they were submitted in, rather than in the following cycle.
For the 2011 cycle, I appreciate definitive numbers for #5, #6 and #7 may not be known, but please can you provide the latest estimates based on available data.
I believe this should be 84 pieces of data. I look forward to your response, which I would ask you to provide in either plain text or an ISO standard spreadsheet document (either OpenDocument Spreadsheet ISO/IEC 26300:2006 or Office Open XML Workbook ECMA-376 ISO/IEC 29500) as I am entitled to ask under Section 11 of the Freedom of Information Act.
Dear Greg Auger
Thanks for your request under the Freedom of Information act. The
information you requested is attached.
If you think that the information provided does not meet your request,
please write to Kevin Haynes, Head of the Legal and Compliance Team,
Planning and Corporate Policy Division, London School of Economics and
Political Science, Houghton Street, London, WC2A 2AE
([LSE request email] <mailto:[LSE request email]> ). The response to
your request will then be reviewed, and you will be informed of the
outcome within 20 working days. You can also contact the Information
Commissioner's Office http://www.ico.gov.uk/ ,
though they expect the internal review to be carried out before
receiving a complaint directly.
The provision of information by the LSE under the Freedom of Information
Act 2000 does not imply a right to copy, reproduce, publish or otherwise
use such information. Copying or reproducing such information in any way
either in whole or in part without prior written consent may be an
infringement of copyright or other intellectual property right belonging
to the LSE or a third party.