Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
I am writing to you to request the following information regarding the distribution of service and the collection and use of funds charged for by way of a "television licence" fee.
1) Who decides that there should be a "television licence" and how is the fee relating to this licence calculated?
2) Who is exempt (if any) from paying for a "television licence "and why are they exempt ?
3) How often is the matter of a "television licence" discussed to ensure the service is current and unbiased and should continue or be abolished (ie 12 months, 5 years etc,,,,) ?
4) Which group of people or organisation are brought together to discuss the matter as shown in question 2?
5) Who decides on the cost of the "television licence" fee and on what basis are any increases in the cost calculated?
6) How often is the cost of a "television licence" fee discussed and by whom?
7) What servicess does the "television licence" fee cover and please provide the breakdown on the same costs within that licence fee.
8) Who regulates the performance of the broadcasting of the British Broadcasting Corporation on behalf of it's licence holders?
9) Are the BBC services aired in other countries other than the United Kingdom? (The UK being England Scotland Ireland and Wales)
7) Where are the finances that are collected from the television licence held?
8) What body of people decide which channels/services the collected finances should be distributed to ?
9) How many of he nine channels are aired overseas from the UK (if any) ?
Thank you for your time with regards to these questions
Miss S E Jacques
Dear Miss S Jacques
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email below. Your request was
received on 02.02.19. We will deal with your request as promptly as
possible, and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any
queries about your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20190194.
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
Tel: 020 8008 2882
Dear Miss Jacques,
Please find attached the response to your request for information,
BBC Information Rights
Room BC2 A4
Email: mailto:[BBC request email]
Description: Description: \\BBCFS2025\UserData$\myrien01\Documents\My
2. mailto:[BBC request email]