Dear Wokingham Borough Council,
1) Please provide a map of all Blue Badge (BB) Bays in Town Centre and confirm the number of Blue Badge Bays,
2) Please confirm if the Blue Badge Bays are full on day what provision is made for Blue Badge Holders to park at alternative provision in the Town Centre.
3) Please confirm if BB Holders are allowed to park in resident parking zones owned and operated by the council? If not please confirm why not as this varies from council and provide copies of the internal minutes/ consultations undertaken/ transport decision agreements which led to policy and practice adoption that BB Holders will not be allowed to park in council owned resident parking zones.
Thank you for your email.
If you have submitted a Freedom of Information request, please be aware
that we can accept requests via our on-line web-form, which you may find
an easier way of submitting a request in future.
The online request form can be found at:
You should be aware that all e-mails received and sent by this Council are
subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and therefore may be
disclosed to a third party. (The information contained in this message or
any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential and intended for
the exclusive use of the addressee). The views expressed may not be
official policy but the personal views of the originator.
If you are not the addressees any disclosure, reproduction, distribution,
other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message in error please return it to the originator
and confirm that you have deleted all copies of it.
All messages sent by this organisation are checked for viruses using the
latest antivirus products. This does not guarantee a virus has not been
transmitted. Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions
for the detection and eradication of viruses.
RE: Information Request Ref No: 15901
Thank you for your FOI request and this is now being considered within the
statutory framework. The due date for a response to be issued is by
09/09/2022. We will contact you should we require further information to
be able to answer your request which will affect the above date.
Please be aware the legislation define a number of exemptions (Exceptions
for Environmental Information Regulations (EIR)) which may prevent release
of some or all of information you have requested. Your request will be
reviewed and if any of the exemption categories apply, then this
information will not be provided.
If collating the information you have requested, is going to exceed the
appropriate limit then your request will be refused on the grounds of
‘Manifestly Unreasonable’. You will be informed if there is a way to
resubmit the request so that this is within a reasonable response time
(e.g. below 18 hours for Freedom of Information), or the cost of
completing the request if you would like to pay for the work to be done.
In this event, the fee must be paid before the information is provided and
timescale will be suspended until payment has been processed. In the case
of EIR or Subject Access your request may be extended which allows
additional time to compete the request in the case of voluminous or
If you have any queries, please contact Information Services on 0118 974
6000 or email [Wokingham Borough Council request email].
Please quote the above reference number on any communication.
Information Governance Team
Information Governance Team
Communities, Insight and Change
[Wokingham Borough Council request email]
Dear Mr M Jones,
RE: Freedom of Information Request Ref No: 15901
Thank you for your recent communication.
1. Please provide a map of all Blue Badge (BB) Bays in Town Centre and confirm the number of Blue Badge Bays
Maps available here so we are applying Section 21 (already accessible):
We also provide Disabled parking spaces in our Town centre car parks.
Carnival Multi-storey: 20
Civic Offices, Shute End: 16 (No public parking 8am to 6pm Monday to Friday)
Cockpit Path: 4
Denmark Street: 11
Easthampstead Road (West): 1
Easthampstead Road (East): 3
Rose Street: 4
2. Please confirm if the Blue Badge Bays are full on day what provision is made for Blue Badge Holders to park at alternative provision in the Town Centre.
Disabled badge holders can park on Double yellow lines where no other restrictions such as loading bans are in place. They can also use limited waiting bays providing they display a valid blue badge and a time clock for a 3 hour period. In our car parks you can park in any other bay providing you park within the bay markings and display a valid blue badge. You cannot use any bay that is restricted to permit holders without a permit as well as a blue badge.
3. Please confirm if BB Holders are allowed to park in resident parking zones owned and operated by the council? If not please confirm why not as this varies from council and provide copies of the internal minutes/ consultations undertaken/ transport decision agreements which led to policy and practice adoption that BB Holders will not be allowed to park in council owned resident parking zones.
Blue badge holders cannot use a Residents only parking zone without a Valid Permit and a blue badge as per the Residents parking scheme Traffic regulation Order. Residents with Blue badges are provided with a permit at no cost.
Blue badge holders are not entitled to use Goods vehicle loading only bays or Double yellow lines with a loading ban in place at specific times (Single kerb marking and time plate) or at all times (Double kerb markings at all times).
For further information on exemptions, please visit https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/gui...
If you are dissatisfied with our response, you can request for it to be reviewed by contacting the Council’s Legal Services at Wokingham Borough Council via; Information Services, Civic Offices, Shute End, Wokingham, RG40 1BN, or e-mailing [Wokingham Borough Council request email] detailing the reasons why you are dissatisfied with the response. Please address your correspondence to Shared Legal Solutions.
If you remain dissatisfied following the review, you have the option to escalate the decision to the Information Commissioner at https://ico.org.uk/
Information Governance Team
Resources and Assets
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now