Dear Suffolk Constabulary,
I would be grateful if you could please provide me with the following information, under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
In your area...
1. How many arrests were made at BLM protests for all alleged crimes between 1st January 2020 and 1st November 2020?
2. Of these arrests, how many were made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 legislation?
3. Of those arrested, how many were first-time offenders?
4. How many charges have been brought against those arrested at BLM protests for all alleged crimes between 1st January 2020 and 1st November 2020?
5. Of these charges, how many were made under the Coronavirus Act 2020?
6. Of those charged, how many were first-time offenders?
7. How many police officers were injured as a result of BLM protests?
8. How many protesters were injured as a result of BLM protests?
For all of the above questions, please break these figures down by age, race, gender, alleged crime and month.
During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, our practices may not meet our usual response times and it may take longer for us to respond to your requests. We will continue to work normally as far as we can, but, as the situation continues to develop, the focus of the team may need to be diverted to the most important aspects of work, which may place unavoidable strain on our resources that we cannot avoid.
Due to the current volume of work, we are unable to provide individual responses regarding updates on requests. We ask that you please bare with us during this extraordinary period and we will endeavour to provide final disclosures to you as soon as possible.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now