Biscuit expenditure

Luke Sproule made this Freedom of Information request to Oxford City Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Oxford City Council did not have the information requested.

Dear Oxford City Council,

Please can you let me know the total expenditure on biscuits at the
Oxford City Council for the most recent period available.

If you can provide spending on types of biscuits and let me know
the top spend on types of biscuits, such as Jaffa Cakes, Rich Teas,
Digestives, Custard Creams, Ginger snaps etc.

If it is possible, without going over the time limit or cost, could
you let me know the spend on biscuits for the five year period from

If that is not possible, could you provide me the figures for
spending on biscuits for the two years from 2012 to 2014.

Yours faithfully,

Luke Sproule

Oxford City Council

Good afternoon


Thank you for your email below. Your request was received on 12^th
September 2014 and you will receive a response within 20 working days, as
required under the Freedom of Information Act.


Yours faithfully


Celia Robinson

Interim PA


On behalf of Mike Newman

Corporate Secretariat Manager

Oxford City Council

St.Aldate’s Chambers, 109-113, St.Aldate’s






show quoted sections

Oxford City Council

Dear Mr Sproule


Further to the acknowledgement below, I can reply to your FOI request of
12^th September, as follows :


The Council does not hold information in respect of its expenditure on
biscuits.  Any such expenditure is not identified separately from overall
catering costs.  To try to extract whether biscuits were included would
mean that individual invoices for catering would need to be examined. 
This would require a manual check of every catering invoice.  I believe
that to undertake such a task would take in excess of 18.5 hours, the time
allowed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (Section 12) for dealing
with requests.


If you disagree with any part of the response to your request, you are
entitled to ask the Council for an internal review of the decision(s)
made.  You may do this by writing to the Monitoring Officer, by either
email – [1][email address] – or by post to Monitoring Officer,
Oxford City Council, St Aldate’s Chambers, St Aldate’s, Oxford, OX1 1DS. 
After the result of the internal review, if you remain dissatisfied, you
may ask the Information Commissioner to intervene on your behalf.  You may
do this by writing to the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe
Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.


Yours sincerely


Michael Newman


Corporate Secretariat Manager

Oxford City Council

St Aldate’s Chambers

109-113 St Aldate’s

Oxford OX1 1DS






show quoted sections