Dear Birmingham City Council,
Please will you let me know:
1. By the time the city centre 'clean air zone' comes into force on June 1st 2021, how much in total will have been spent on preparations for its introduction? (planning, administration, technology, signage, staff salaries, professional fees, public consultation, etc.)
2. What is the anticipated annual total cost of operating the CAZ ? (maintenance of technology, administration costs, legal costs, staff salaries, etc.)
3. What is the expected annual income from CAZ charges?
4. What is the projected percentage reduction in city centre emissions/pollution levels resulting from the CAZ?
5. What is the projected percentage increase in emissions/pollution levels in areas bounding the CAZ, resulting from its introduction?
6. What alternative methods of improving city centre air quality were considered?
7. Was a cost/benefit analysis comparison of air quality improvement methods carried out before the decision was made to introduce the CAZ? If so, would you please let me have a copy of the resulting report, in pdf or doc form.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now