Dear Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council,
Please could you provide the following information:
1) what work is being performed on the Birkenhead Park Entrance and lodges?
2) why is this work being undertaken?
3) how much is this costing?
4) are the two lodges being refurbished?
4a) if yes is this for social housing, private housing, business or community use?
5) are there any plans to sell the lodges or park entrance?
Dear Mr Barrington
Thank you for your recent Freedom of Information request regarding
Birkenhead Park. Please see below our response to your enquiries.
1) what work is being performed on the Birkenhead Park Entrance and
lodges? – Repairs and replacement of stolen lead to both the North and
South lodge roof areas.
2) why is this work being undertaken? – The work has been undertaken to
both secure and replace the stolen lead.
3) how much is this costing? – £73,600.94
4) are the two lodges being refurbished? – Both lodges were refurbished
prior to the aforementioned works being undertaken.
4a) if yes is this for social housing, private housing, business or
community use? – The North lodge is occupied by World Heritage Project
Parks Staff – The South lodge is occupied by HYPE (community group)
5) are there any plans to sell the lodges or park entrance? – No, the
Grand Entrance- including both lodges; is a Grade 2* listed building and
therefore it is an integral feature of Birkenhead Park.
We hope this information is of interest to you,.
Principal Information Management Officer
Tel: 0151 691 8201
[Wirral Borough Council request email]
This information supplied to you is copyrighted and continues to be
protected by the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free
to use it for your own purposes, including any non commercial research you
are doing and for the purposes of news reporting. Any other reuse, for
example commercial publication, would require our specific permission, may
involve licensing and the application of a charge
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.
If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager.
1. mailto:[Wirral Borough Council request email]
Dear InfoMgr, FinDMT,
Thank you for your response. Given the high cost of replacing the lead please could you advise what action is being taken to prevent future thefts and subsequent cost to the city treasury.
Please indicate if CCTV will be fitted and monitored in order to provide 24/7 surveillance of this important public asset and if so when will it be installed and at what cost.
Please provide information on the rents being paid for north and south lodge by each organisation.