Dear Cabinet Office,
1) Can you tell me when the The Cabinet Office became a shareholder in Behavioural Insights Ltd?
2) Can you confirm that Behavioural Insight Team (BIT) was historically a department within the Cabinet Office?
3) Can you tell me when the BIT ceased to be a department within the Cabinet Office?
4) Can you tell me why the BIT ceased being a department within the Cabinet Office and what policy drove the decision for it to no longer be part of the Cabinet Office?
5) Can you tell me if the Treasury used the services of the BIT when it was a department within the Cabinet Office?
6) Can you give me details of the Treasury's use of the BIT?
7) Can you tell me if HMRC directly or indirectly used the services of the BIT when it was a department within the Cabinet Office?
8) Can you give me details of the HMRC's use of the BIT?
9) Did the Compliance Operational Policy & Guidance Unit (COPGU) department of HMRC directly or indirectly use the services of the BIT?
10) Did the Behavioural & Customer Insight Team within the Central Customer Directorate of HMRC directly or indirectly use the services of the BIT?
CABINET OFFICE REFERENCE: FOI326476
Dear CHRIS SAWYER
Thank you for your request for information. Your request was received
on 25/6/2018 and we are considering if it is appropriate to deal with
under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
This email is just a short acknowledgement of your request.
When corresponding with the Cabinet Office, you may wish to be aware of
how we treat your personal Information. This is set out in our personal
information charter, at the following
If you have any queries about this email, please contact the FOI team.
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Knowledge and Information Management Unit
E: [Cabinet Office request email]
Please find attached the reply to your FOI request
London, SW1A 2AS
E-mail -[Cabinet Office request email]
1. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now