Dear Newham Borough Council,
1. How many social housing properties are there in the borough of Newham?
2. How many one bedroom social housing properties are there in the borough of Newham?
3. How many households in the borough of Newham are being affected by the "bedroom tax" (under-occupancy charge) policy?
4. How many households are currently on the waiting list for social housing?
5. How many households are currently on the waiting list for one bedroomed social housing?
6. How many one bedroom properties are currently available for re-letting in the social rented sector?
7. How many households are currently living in "emergency" accomodation in the borough of Newham?
8. How many households are currently living in temporary accomodation in the borough of Newham?
9. Of the total number of individual people living in properties affected by the "bedroom tax" (under-occupancy charge) how many are under 18?
10. Of the total number of individual people living in properties affected by the "bedroom tax" how many are registered as disabled?
11. How many households has Newham Council moved to social housing or temporary housing outside of the Greater london area in the last year?
REQUESTER REFERENCE: C7668
ENQUIRY REFERENCE: E15636
Please quote your references when contacting the Council.
Freedom of Information Act 2000
Thank you for your request for information received on 30/05/2013. We are dealing with your request and plan to respond before 27/06/2013.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact the Information Governance Team on 020 8430 3737 or email us at: [Newham Borough Council request email]
Information Governance Team
Newham Council Publication Scheme is on: www.newham.gov.uk
We attach our response under the disclosure provisions of the Freedom of
Information Act 2000.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact a
member of our team on (020) 3373 7912 or email us at
[Newham Borough Council request email].
Alternatively, if you believe we have not dealt with your request
satisfactorily you may initially complain to us and then to the
Information Commissioner's Office. The Information Commissioner would
expect you to have given the Council the opportunity to deal with your
appeal prior to you contacting them. Please see guidance on the Freedom of
Information Appeals page:
As with other local authorities, the number of enquiries has increased
each year since the introduction of the Freedom of Information
legislation. Therefore, to enable us to deal with your enquiry more
efficiently, we have introduced an online form. We would ask that you
submit all future requests via our online form:
In addition, you may find it useful to access the following link, where
you can view our Publication Scheme, a list of previous requests and
responses and/or use our E-Form should you wish to make further requests:
London Borough of Newham
Newham Dockside, 1000 Dockside Road, London E16 2QU
Tel: 020 3373 4634
Fax: 020 8430 1504
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now