BBC Studio LTD
Charles Ghose made this Freedom of Information request to British Broadcasting Corporation
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
This is my Freedom Of Information Request.
1. Is the building in New York City that is the headquarters of BBC America rented or owned by BBC Studios or BBC America or other BBC entity?
2. Has BBC America HQ remained at the same location in New York City, or has it relocated throughout its time in NYC?
3. How much revenue was made by television subscriptions to BBC America during 2015 - February 2020?
4. On January 8th 2020 BBC Studios sold 14 television series to CW Seed Network for streaming in the United States. What are the titles of those 14 television series?
5. In the 2004 merger of BBC Studio brand 2 Entertain and Video Collection International. Which movie titles did BBC Studio acquire from the Video Collection International Movie catalogue?
6. How many television programmes and movies are available in an audio described version, to watch or stream on demand on BritBox?
7. How many television programmes and movies are available in an audio described version, to watch or stream on demand on BBC America?
8. How many television programmes and movies are available in an audio described version, to watch or stream on BBC Canada ?
9. Are there any plans to make any of the television programmes and movies on BritBox launch in Australia, to be available in an audio described version, to watch or stream on demand?
10. What will be the subscription fee for Australia nsubscribers of Britbox once its launch in Australia, in late 2020? Please state the different types of fees for example per month, per year.
Dear Mr Ghose,
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000. Your request was received on 22 May 2020. We will
deal with your request as promptly as possible, and at the latest within
20 working days.
If you have any queries about your request, please contact us at the below
The reference number for your request is RFI20200605.
Information Rights, BBC Legal
BC2A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane, London W12 7TP
Dear Charles Ghose,
Please find attached the response to your request for information,
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: mailto:[BBC request email]
Description: Description: \\BBCFS2025\UserData$\myrien01\Documents\My
2. mailto:[BBC request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now