Dear Wirral Metropolitan Borough Council,
On 14th February 2020 WBC'S tree risk management officer wrote to the friends of Grange Community Park more details re WBC'S planned bat survey of 33 poplar trees due to be felled :
" date has yet to be confirmed for the bat survey, regarding the type and tools used in this I am taking the advice of our bat ecologist as this matter is outside of my specialism.....there was mention of a mobile elevated platform being required for the aerial inspections ...
As this is a publicly funded survey on publicly owned trees and is a matter of public interest we will of course provide details of the findings for any interested parties upon request."
On 2n March 31 poplars were felled.
Can you please provide me with
1. The name of the bat specialist who carried out the survey before the trees were felled?
2. The results of the survey re potential and actual bat roosts? How many trees had bat roost potential? Were any bats found and if yes, which variety and how many?
3. When the survey was carried out?
4. The costs of the survey?
5. The tools / methods used for the survey?
6. The recommendation of the bat specialist re the felling?
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now