Dear Croydon Borough Council,
I would like to request this information.
1) The number of businesses that have applied for alcohol licenses since 2013, broken down into each year in the borough?
2) The number of these licenses above that were successful broken down into each year?
3) The number of applications for new club premises of all bands to be opened up in the borough since 2013 broken down into each year?
4) The number of these applications above that were successful broken down into each year?
5) The number of applications for new bars to be opened in the borough since 2013 broken down into each year?
6) The number of the applications above that were successful broken down into each year?
7) The number of late night premises applications in the borough since 2013 broken down into each year?
8) The number of the applications above that were successful broken down into each year?
9) The number of Temporary Event Notices that were applied for in the borough since 2013 broken down into each year?
10) The number of the above licenses that were successful broken down into each year?
Dear Mr Rush
Freedom of Information Request
Thank you for your recent request.
Your request is being considered and you will receive a response within
the statutory timescale of 20 working days, subject to the application of
any exemptions. Where consideration is being given to exemptions the 20
working day timescale may be extended to a period considered reasonable
depending on the nature and circumstances of your request. In such cases
you will be notified and, where possible, a revised time-scale will be
indicated. In all cases we shall attempt to deal with your request at the
There may be a fee payable for the retrieval, collation and provision of
the information requested where the request exceeds the statutory limit or
where disbursements exceed £450. In such cases you will be informed in
writing and your request will be suspended until we receive payment from
you or your request is modified and/or reduced.
Your request may require either full or partial transfer to another public
authority. You will be informed if your request is transferred.
If we are unable to provide you with the information requested we will
notify you of this together with the reason(s) why and details of how you
may appeal (if appropriate).
Please note that the directorate team may contact you for further
information where we believe that the request is not significantly clear
for us to respond fully.
Information in relation to the London Borough of Croydon is available
at http://www.croydonobservatory.org/. Also responses to previous
Freedom of Information requests can also be found on the following link
https://croydondata.wordpress.com/ Council services, online, 24/7
www.croydon.gov.uk/myaccount Download our new free My Croydon app for a
faster, smarter and better way to report local issues
www.croydon.gov.uk/app From 1 October 2015, it is a legal requirement for
all privately rented properties in Croydon to be licensed. Landlords
without a licence could face fines of up to £20,000. For more information
and to apply for a licence visit www.croydon.gov.uk/betterplacetorent
Please use this web site address to view the council's e-mail disclaimer -