Dear Maidstone Borough Council,
under foi or in the public interest can you please answer the following.this is not a complaint against you just a general request as to your relationship with enforcement agents.we have had over 20 councils now reply kindly
1. Does your enforcement agent contract allow your enforcement agents to issue an
indemnity against prosecution for themselves without the agreement of the council in
cases where they have wrongfully seized and to vulnerable
2. Have you ever allowed bailiffs to make their own settlement agreements where goods
have to be returned?
3. Would you allow enforcement agents to breach the equalities act if it meant your
business rates were collected.
4. How would you react if they did this without you knowing?
5. Would you class a secret indemnity which achieves a gain at the cost to the
vulnerable victim a material breach of contract .
6. Must enforcement agents always report failed levies and a full report when dealing
with vulnerable customers
thank you for your public concern in answering these questions asap
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now