ASSOCIATION OF PLAY INDUSTRIES - Public Play Facilities
Dear South Kesteven District Council,
2 years ago, we were hearing from our members that installations of new playground equipment were falling in England and that this was due directly to a lack of funding within local authorities. This worried us and our members at a time when Childhood obesity is increasing and there are more instances of divided communities. In order to quantify what was happening we commissioned a report which resulted in our #nowheretoplay campaign highlighting the extent of the problem. We believe it is now time to refresh our information and to once again highlight to government the problems resulting from a reduction in children’s play facilities. We would therefore urge you to support us in the FOI request.
1. How many public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) do you currently have available to the public in your LA area?
2. What was your total budget for public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) in each of the following years?
3. What is your expected total budget for public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) in each of the following years?
4. How many public playgrounds and play facilities were closed in your LA area and what proportion of your total play facilities did this represent, in each of the following years?
5. How many public playgrounds and play facilities do you expect will close and what proportion of your total play facilities will this represent, in each of the following years?
Data to be collated into excel spreadsheet.
Dear Mr Lubrano,
Freedom of Information Act 2000 Information Request Acknowledgement
Reference No: 1372982
Thank you for your request for information, this has been registered with us on 23/08/2018 16:35:18
Your request has now been assigned to the relevant department. We will provide you with a response within 20 working days, in this case no later than (20/09/2018 16:35:17).
The Freedom of Information Act defines a number of exemptions, which may prevent us releasing the information you have requested. You will be informed if this is the case, and we will advise you of your rights of appeal.
If the information you requested contains reference to a third party, we may need to consult with them before a decision can be made about the information being released. You will be informed if this is the case.
If you require the response from us in an alternative format, e.g. language, audio, large print, etc. then please let us know.
Further information about the Freedom of Information Act is also available from the Information Commissioner at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
South Kesteven District Council
Customer Service Department
The information contained in this e-mail along with any attachments may be confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. It is intended for the named individual(s) or entity who is/are the only authorised recipient(s). If this message has reached you in error please notify the sender immediately and delete it without review.
Email is not secure and may contain viruses. We make every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions. We may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with our policies and English law.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now