Dear North Kesteven District Council,
2 years ago, we were hearing from our members that installations of new playground equipment were falling in England and that this was due directly to a lack of funding within local authorities. This worried us and our members at a time when Childhood obesity is increasing and there are more instances of divided communities. In order to quantify what was happening we commissioned a report which resulted in our #nowheretoplay campaign highlighting the extent of the problem. We believe it is now time to refresh our information and to once again highlight to government the problems resulting from a reduction in children’s play facilities. We would therefore urge you to support us in the FOI request.
1. How many public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) do you currently have available to the public in your LA area?
2. What was your total budget for public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) in each of the following years?
3. What is your expected total budget for public play facilities (including playgrounds, adventure playgrounds, skate parks, etc.) in each of the following years?
4. How many public playgrounds and play facilities were closed in your LA area and what proportion of your total play facilities did this represent, in each of the following years?
5. How many public playgrounds and play facilities do you expect will close and what proportion of your total play facilities will this represent, in each of the following years?
Data to be collated into excel spreadsheet.
Ref No: 18/347
22 August 2018
Dear Mr Lubrano
We refer to previous correspondence regarding your request for information
relating to: Public Play Facilities.
The information you requested is given below:
North Kesteven District Council do not own or maintain any Public Play
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the
right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be
submitted to the Freedom of Information Officer within two months of the
date of receipt of the response to your original letter either via email
at: [North Kesteven District Council request email] or by post to North Kesteven District Council,
Corporate and Customer Services, Kesteven Street, Sleaford, Lincs, NG34
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information
Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Ms Helen Snowden
Performance and Information Assistant
Corporate Information Team
North Kesteven District Council
Tel No. 01529 414155 Ext. 28186
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now