ASD Specific Provision - BELB
D Hoggs made this Freedom of Information request to Belfast Education and Library Board (Northern Ireland)
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
1. Please advise if ASD specific nurseries, schools colleges exist for students in the BELB catchment area.
2. Please provide a named list of that provision, school by school.
3. If ASD specific provision exists in the BELB area, please provide the Board's definition of "ASD specific" and particularly, how that definition differs from other provision particularly in terms of staff training/experience and in terms of environmental adaptations for the students with ASD.
4. If no ASD specific provision exists, please advise if or when such provision will be available in the BELB area and where.
Thank you for your enquiry. It has been forwarded to the appropriate board officers. Please refer to the attachment advising how your request will be handled.
I have received the following response to your information request. I hope
this is useful.
1. There are no ASD specific schools in the Belfast Education and
Library Board administrative area. There is however a service, (Oakwood
ASD Service) that provides advice and support.
4. There are currently no plans to establish ASD specific schools.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now