Dear Poole Borough Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide me with the following information:
1. The names of the schools in your county that contain asbestos.
2. The date and outcome of the last independent audit or inspection of each of these schools Asbestos Management Plans.
3. The details of any reported incidents of asbestos exposure in these schools between 2011 and 2016.
4. Details of any improvement or prohibition notice served or guidance issued by the HSE in relation to the management of asbestos in schools in your county in the last 5 years.
5. The number of school employees (existing and retired staff to include teaching staff, school support staff and caretakers, etc) and ex-pupils that have pursued a claim against you for exposure to asbestos within a school in your county.
6. The number of these claims that have been settled.
7. The amount of money that has been paid in settlement of these claims (with and without your authority accepting responsibility).
I understand that under the Act I am entitled to a response within 20 working days of your receipt of this request. Some parts of the request may be easier to answer than others. Should this be the case, I request that you release information as soon as possible.
If my request is denied in whole or in part, I ask that you justify all deletions by reference to specific exemptions of the Act. I will also expect you to release all non-exempt material. I reserve the right to appeal your decision to withhold any information or to charge excessive
I would prefer to receive the information electronically.
If you require any clarification, please contact me in accordance with your duty under Section 16 to provide advice and assistance if you find any aspect of this FOI request problematic.
Please acknowledge receipt of this request by email. I look forward to receiving the information in the near future.
Thank you for your message.
This mailbox is monitored daily and is used to deal with the following
- Freedom of information requests which we aim to respond to within
20 working days of receipt
- Subject Access requests which we aim to complete within 40
calendar days of validating
- Complaints which we aim to respond to within 15 working days at
Stage 1 and 20 working days at Stage 2.
- Access to Information reviews (such as Freedom of Information or
Subject Access Requests responses) we aim to respond to within 20 working
Complaints about Adults Services or Children’s Services are dealt
with differently so please visit our website to find out the process to
If we are unable to provide responses within these timescales, we will
contact you as soon as possible to advise you.
Legal, Democratic & Strategy Services
DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it may be
confidential, legally privileged and protected in law and are intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. The
copyright in all documentation is the property of the Borough of Poole and
this email and any documentation must not be copied or used other than as
strictly necessary for the purpose of this email, without prior written
consent which may be subject to conditions. Any view or opinions presented
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of
the Borough of Poole. The Borough of Poole reserves the right to inspect
incoming and outgoing emails. If you have received this email in error
please contact the sender by return and confirm that its contents have
been destroyed. Telephone enquiries should be directed to the Borough
switchboard on 01202 633633.'
Dear Ms Stephens
Thank you for your request submitted under the Freedom of Information Act for which our response is attached.
Legal Democratic and Strategy Services
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now