Asbestos in hospitals
Catrin Hughes made this Freedom of Information request to The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Dear The Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust,
This is a Freedom of Information request for the following information. Please provide me with;
1. A list of the hospitals and related buildings in your trust that contain asbestos in surveys carried out over the last ten years. Please include the following
A. Building name
C. Type and degree of asbestos present
D. Whether it poses a health risk to staff and/or patients.
2. The date and outcome of the last independent audit, survey or inspection of each of these hospitals and their related buildings.
3. The details of any reported incidents of asbestos exposure in these hospitals between 2011 and 2016.
4. The number of hospital employees or patients that have pursued a claim against you for exposure to asbestos within your trust’s hospital buildings
5. The number of these claims that have been settled.
6. The amount of money that has been paid in settlement of these claims (with and without your authority accepting responsibility).
I would like to receive a copy of this information electronically.
Please send me an email to confirm receipt of this request.
Dear Whom it may conern,
Please find attached the appropriate response for your recent freedom of information query.
Patient Engagement Officer
Royal Orthopaedic Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Bristol Road South