Dear Department for Transport,
I would like to request information on the status of funding approval and on the appraisal of local major transport schemes that are funded (or partly funded) by the Department for Transport.
This is partly as a follow up to my request here from 2013:
However, I would like to request information about additional schemes and slightly more information about each one than in my previous request, to also include value for money estimates.
As well as the legacy local authority major transport schemes, the final batch of schemes from the 'Development Pool' of schemes, and the small number of schemes later added to this final list, I would also like to see information about any new schemes added to the DfT approval process that are being funded through the Local Growth Fund. According to Local Transport Today, there are around 30 such schemes that will now be subject to funding approval in this way: https://www.transportxtra.com/magazines/...
For each scheme I would like to be provided with the following information:
1. Current status towards funding approval, including 'under construction' or 'completed' where appropriate
2. Date of the latest funding decision
3. Type of scheme (road/rail etc)
4. Location, including Latitude and Longitude or grid reference
5. Local Authority or LEP responsible
6. Total capital cost at programme entry
7. Final or current capital cost
8. Total DfT funding contribution
9. Total LGF funding contribution
10. Estimate of value for money (BCR) at programme entry or equivalent stage
11. Latest estimate of value for money (BCR)
12. Expected date for full approval
13. Expected date for start of construction
14. Expected date for completion
In addition, I would like to request a list of links to Decision letters from the DfT, and copies of relevant correspondence on progress towards a decision between the DfT and the local authorities and Local Enterprise Partnerships involved.
Dear Sian Berry,
I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your request for information which
has been allocated reference number P0012251.
A response will be issued to you in due course.
Department for Transport
FOI Advice Team
Information & Security Division
Sedlescombe Road North
St Leonards on Sea
Please see the attached response to your request.
Robert S Fox
[IMG] RobertS Fox
Major Schemes Casework Officer & Section 31 Grant
Manager, Local Transport Funding Growth & Delivery
2/15 GMH, Great Minster House
33 Horseferry Road, London, SW1P 4DR
020 7944 2245
Follow us on twitter @transportgovuk
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now