Application of statutes to men and women

Matthew Cooper made this Freedom of Information request to House of Commons

House of Commons did not have the information requested.

From: Matthew Cooper

Dear House of Commons,

As the law-making body of the United Kingdom, I would like to
request some information from you regarding Statutory Law.

1. Are Statutes considered contracts whereby a person must consent
or contract in order for the statute to have the force of law upon

2. Is there one contract that is established to enforce these laws
upon persons such as being a UK Citizen or is it done on an ad-hoc
basis ie. a person must consent to be bound by statutes each time
they are faced with one for it to become law upon them?

3. If a person is not a UK Citizen then do the statutes have the
force of law upon them?

Finally and most importantly I would like to know: Do statutes made
by the Commons apply to men and women on the land or just to
persons and individuals?

Thanks for your help

Yours faithfully,


P.s. You may not address me as Mr. Matthew, for I am not using the
name given to me on my certificate of live berth

Link to this

House of Commons

Dear Mr Cooper

The House of Commons does not hold this informtion.

Your questions call for either a speculative or opinion based response rather than access to informtion held in a recorded fromat. However, informtion on how laws are made and passed can be found on the website, for example:

Also, your local Library may be able to assist to locate relevant reference material about the application and interpretation of statute law.

You may, if dissatisfied with the treatment of your request, ask the House of Commons to conduct an internal review of this decision. Requests for internal review should be addressed to: Freedom of Information Officer, Department of Resources, House of Commons London SW1 OAA or [House of Commons request email] . Please ensure that you specify the nature of your complaint and any arguments or points that you wish to make.

If you remain dissatisfied, you may appeal to the Information Commissioner at Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

Yours sincerely

Bob Castle
Head of Information Rights and Information Security

show quoted sections

Link to this

From: Matthew Cooper


Thanks for the response.

Could you tell me what makes my question opinion based? I simply
ask who or what do the acts of parliament apply to? Do they apply
to men and women? If the matter of who or what acts of parliament
apply to is opinion based, then does that mean that I can choose
who they apply to or can choose whether they apply to me (a man not
a fictional person) or not?

How is the question of "who do statutes apply to" opinion based?
Must I consent to give the acts the force of law upon me? Is that
what you mean by "a matter of opinion"? I suspect you are trying to
tell me more than you have written.

Could you please answer these questions and respond to these

Thank you for your time, this information is extremely valuable to

Yours sincerely,

Matthew Cooper

Link to this

House of Commons

Dear Mr Cooper
Your questions ask a public authority to interpret general questions about statute law and to express an opinion based on that interpretation.
The information you have asked for is not held by the House of Commons and there is nothing further to add.

Bob Castle
Head of Information Rights and Information Security
House of Commons

show quoted sections

Link to this

Matthew Cooper left an annotation ()

Well, I think that was quite an abrupt statement there. To summarise, the House of Commons will not tell Matthew Cooper, for whom I am an agent, whether statutes apply to men and women. What is for sure is that statutes do apply to persons, as mentioned in the acts of parliament themselves.

Please make your own judgements and/or assumptions based on these facts.

Link to this

Ian Rossiter left an annotation ()

And when you ask for the legal definition of a 'person', again, you get a non-answer. Freemen-on-the-Land in Lawful Rebellion unite................

Link to this

Things to do with this request

House of Commons only: