Anti Socail Behaviour Proceedure

Matthew S Myatt made this Freedom of Information request to Housing Corporation

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

Housing Corporation did not have the information requested.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please can you inform me if all social landlords have signed up to a common procedure with the Housing Corporation with regard to how complaints are dealt with when anti social behaviour complaints are made by social tenants against other social tenants.

Is there an agreed process and timescale for dealing with such.

Please could you supply a copy of any procedures held.

Yours faithfully,

Matthew Myatt

Marianne Zierau, Housing Corporation

Dear Mr Myatt


I am now able to reply to your Freedom of Information Request which is
shown at the bottom of this E-mail.

The role of the Housing Corporation is to register and regulate housing
association and we are therefore able to reply to your enquiry with
regards to housing associations. For any information regarding Local
Authorities landlords
we suggest that you contact Communities and Local Government (CLG).

Housing associations have not signed up to a common policy on anti
social behaviour. However, all housing associations are required to
have a policy. We have issued a Good Practice Note which you can see on
our website at this link You may also
be interested to look at a sector study published by the Corporation and
which can be found at this link

I hope you find this information useful.

Final comments:
If you are dissatisfied with my response, you may request an internal

To do this before 1st December you should contact Mr Peter Driver, Board
Secretary, at The Housing Corporation, Maple House, 149 Tottenham Court
Road, London W1T 7BN. Once you have been through our internal review
process you may then contact the Information Commissioner whose address
is Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

From the 1st December 2008 the Housing Corporation will be replaced by
two new agencies. The Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) and the Tenant
Services Authority (TSA). The remit of the Homes and Communities agency
will include queries about buying an affordable home, investment in
social housing - including: grant funding, bidding and design and
quality standards. The TSA on the other hand is the regulator of Social
Housing. Since your enquiry is related to regulation, if you are
unhappy with this response/the information provided you should address
your concerns to the Board Secretary, TSA at the same address as above.

Marianne Zierau | Information and Complaints Assistant
Housing Corporation | Maple House | 149 Tottenham Court Road | London
Tel: 020 7393 2283 | Fax: 020 7393 2099
E-mail [email address]

From the 1st December my post will transfer to TSA. My office address
and telephone number will not change but my new E-mail address will be
[email address]. TSA's website will be

Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or its

show quoted sections

Foia, Housing Corporation

Please note this email account is no longer in use and the email account
is now closed.

From the 1 December 2008 the Housing Corporation has been replaced by two
new agencies.

If your FOIA query relates to buying an affordable home (HomeBuy) or about
investment in social housing (including grant funding, bidding, and design
and quality standards etc), please contact the Homes and Communities
Agency (HCA) on 0300 1234 500, email: HYPERLINK
"BLOCKED::[1]mailto:[email address]"[email address] Web:

If your FOIA query is about the regulation of social housing, please
contact the Tenant Services Authority (the new regulator of social
housing) on 0845 230 7000, email: HYPERLINK
"[3]mailto:[email address]"[email address] Web: HYPERLINK

Emails received by this account will not be read or replied to.

show quoted sections