Dear Health and Safety Executive,
Please can you confirm the below:
1) That NO non disclosure agreements where made in regards to the Alton Towers incident between yourselves and Merlin Entertainments
2) Was an investigation held into Leisure Technical Consultants who done all safety inspections at Alton Towers and was this done by an independent company
3) Was LTC (as above) appointed as HSE independent inspector and if so how and why was this decision took when they are the original inspectors ?
Thank you for emailing the Health and Safety Executive. This is an automatic acknowledgement to tell you we have received your email.
Please note this email account is for the submitting of FOI requests via the 'whatdotheyknow' website only. For all other FOIs requests please refer to http://www.hse.gov.uk/foi/your-right-to-...
HSE publishes a comprehensive range of information and guidance on our website. You can find out what the health and safety law requires by searching under the relevant topic or industry section, and all of our publications are free to download. HSE does not operate a telephone helpline for general health and safety information. If you need to engage the services of a health and safety consultant, you may wish to visit the Occupational Safety and Health Consultants Register (OSHCR).
If your email is a request for advice, please visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/informatio...
If your email is about a concern, please visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/contact/complaints...
If you wish to report an incident, please visit http://www.hse.gov.uk/riddor/index.htm
Thank you for contacting the Health and Safety Executive.
Dear Mr Dodsworth
Freedom of Information Request Reference No: 201610110
Thank you for your request for information about:
Your request was received on 6^th October and I am dealing with it under
the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the Act).
The answers to your questions are as follows:
1) – HSE confirm NO non-disclosure agreements were made between ourselves
and Merlin Entertainments.
2) – HSE confirm we have not investigated Leisure Technical Consultants.
3) - Leisure Technical Consultants were not appointed by HSE as an
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please
remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
If you are unhappy with the decisions made by HSE you may ask for an
internal review within two calendar months of the date of this letter by
writing to me.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 01625 545700
Fax: 01625 524510
Email: [email address]
Mrs Marcia Shallcross
TEL: 02030 281346
Working Pattern: Monday - Thursday