Dear Everton Free School,
Given the low numbers of pupils on Free School Meals (27%) and low numbers of SEN pupils (30%) please could you explain how the Everton Free School is providing 'Alternative Provision'? What are the needs and characteristics of the pupils to justify this?
Dear Mr Knights
Please see the information you have requested below:
FOI [email address]
Please could you inform me of the total number of pupils September 2014 to
this date who have undertaken a 6 week referral period?
The total number of Alternative Provision students in September 2014 was
FOI [FOI #292331 email]
Given the low numbers of pupils on Free School Meals (27%) and low numbers
of SEN pupils (30%) please could you explain how the Everton Free School
is providing 'Alternative Provision'? What are the needs and
characteristics of the pupils to justify this?
The School is two different provisions under one umbrella. The Alternative
Provision (AP), Everton Free School is for students aged 14-16 years and
the Sixth Form College is for students aged 16-19 years.
The current percentage of students who are eligible for FSM is 48% and the
total number on the SEN register under the new code is 15%.
Post 16 students choose the Sixth Form College to pursue their L3
education. All students can apply as long as they meet the entry criteria.
The AP 14-16 students have to be commissioned to the School by the LEA or
by the school a student is currently attending. The characteristics of the
students are outlined below:
· Students who have been excluded
· Students who are at risk of exclusion
· Students who rarely or do not attend school at all
· LEA referrals for students who are Looked After Children (LAC)
· Students who have been involved in gang related activity and for
safety reasons are placed
· Refugee students
· Students with mental health issues – self harming, suicide and
· Family dysfunctional
· Students from areas with high levels of social and economic
· Students known to Social Services and Youth Offending
· Students with a transient educational history
· Students who have issues around substance abuse
· Students exiting custody
Acting Principal, Everton Free School
E: [email address]
T: 0151 438 2274 F: 0151 438 2279 M: 07799 333 353
NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail. Thank you.