Dear Slough Borough Council,
Please would you acknowledge this request.
As of July 2015, please could you tell me:
1) How many allotment sites are there in Slough for which the
Council has access to waiting list data?
2) What is the total number of plots on these sites?
3) Are all sites fully occupied?
4) What is the total number of people on waiting lists for these
5) Are any of these waiting lists closed to further applications?
6) What is the average time for people to remain on the waiting lists before being offered a plot?
Ms K Tweed
Thank you for your email.
Providing excellent customer services is one of the council’s key
Your enquiry will now be forwarded to the relevant department to answer.
We will reply fully to all written enquiries within 10 working days
although we aim to reply to emails sooner than this.
If your enquiry is a Freedom of Information request, the council may take
up to 20 working days to respond.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response by this time you can contact
our complaints department. More details here:
'Disclaimer: You should be aware that all e-mails received and sent by
this Council are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and
therefore may be disclosed to a third party. (The information contained in
this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential
and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee). The views expressed
may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator. If
you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution,
other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message in error please return it to the originator
and confirm that you have deleted all copies of it. All messages sent by
this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest antivirus
products. This does not guarantee a virus has not been transmitted.
Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions for the
detection and eradication of viruses.'
Your FOI request is not yet due for a response but I wanted to let you know that currently we are struggling to answer your request as our allotment management system has been down for the past week.
We are liaising with our IT section and are awaiting a fix so we can get back into the system.
We will send a response ASAP. Please accept my apologies.
Regards, SBC FOI Officer
The Parks & Open Spaces Improvements Officer has contacted me to say that he does not have all the information you requested, but has been able to gather the information below. I hope this helps.
1) How many allotment sites are there in Slough for which the Council has access to waiting list data? Answer: 12 including Cowper Rd. Allotments which are self managed
2) What is the total number of plots on these sites? Answer: 1003 including Cowper Rd.
3) Are all sites fully occupied? Answer: No, some have become available since some plots where halved in size
4) What is the total number of people on waiting lists for these sites? Answer: 616
5) Are any of these waiting lists closed to further applications? Answer: No
6) What is the average time for people to remain on the waiting lists before being offered a plot? Answer: We do not currently have accurate information but 18 months to 2 years is a rough average although this varies from site to site
Regards, SBC FOI Officer
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now