Agency Spend 2021/22

Debbie Sharpe made this Freedom of Information request to Bournemouth and Poole College

Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.

The request was successful.

Dear Bournemouth and Poole College,

Can you provide a breakdown of money spent on Lecturers/Assessors/Learning Support via recruitment agencies for the 21/22 Academic year. Split by temporary and permanent.
Can you also specify the money spent with each specific agency and in which department?

Yours faithfully,

Debbie Sharpe

Freedom of Information, Bournemouth and Poole College

Dear Debbie

Thank you for your email of 13th June 2022 requesting information about Agency Spending 2021/22. I am Bournemouth & Poole College’s Freedom of Information Officer and will be your point of contact going forward.

Your request is being dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and will be answered within twenty working days.

If you have any queries about this request do not hesitate to contact me. Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.

Yours sincerely,

Michael Johnson
Freedom of Information Officer
Bournemouth & Poole College

show quoted sections

Freedom of Information, Bournemouth and Poole College

Dear Debbie

Thank you for your email of 13th June 2022 where you requested information about Agency Spend

The information you have requested is enclosed.

This is for the period 01/08/21 to 31/05/22.

Account Code Description Amount (£)
3080 Agency Support Staff 110813
3090 Agency Teaching Staff 460551
5436 Staff Recruitment 21,224

The supply of information in response to a freedom of information request does not confer an automatic right to re-use the information. Under UK copyright law you can use any information supplied for the purposes of private study and non-commercial research without requiring permission. Similarly, information supplied can also be re-used for the purposes of news reporting. An exception to this is photographs.

For other forms of re-use, for example publishing the information, you would need the permission of the organisation or person who owns the copyright. In the case of information produced by government departments and agencies you can re-use the information under the Open Government Licence. For information about this please see government-licence/open-government-licence.htm

If, however, the copyright is identified as belonging to somebody else, you will need to apply for permission. For information about how to obtain permission from a third party, please go to Intellectual Property Office’s website at

If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to:

Freedom of Information Officer
Michael Johnson
Vice Principal, Finance & Commercial Development
The Bournemouth & Poole College
North Road
Parkstone, Poole
BH14 0LS

If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

show quoted sections