Dear Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust,
I would like to request the following information under the freedom of information act:
1. How many doctors have been booked outside of IR35 since April 2017?
2. What is your yearly trust spend on agency locum doctors via framework agencies, broken down into grade and specialty?
3. What is your yearly trust spend on agency locum doctors via OFF-framework agencies, broken down into grade and specialty?
4. What is your average total charge rate for a locum consultant doctor?
5. Who is the highest paid locum Consultant, what is the hourly rate and in what specialty do they practice?
6. Please can you outline your spend per agency, broken down by grade and specialty of doctor over the past 12 months?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Dear Mr Mountain
Thank you for your request under the Freedom of Information Act. The reference for this request is noted in the subject header above.
You will receive a response from us within 20 working days of receipt or an explanation as to why this is not possible.
Freedom of Information Team
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust
Dear Mr Mountain
Further to your request for information please see the response below in
red font. This response covers the hospitals and services managed by the
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, namely the Royal Free Hospital,
Barnet Hospital and Chase Farm Hospital and associated group services.
1. How many doctors have been booked outside of IR35
since April 2017? 0
2. What is your yearly trust spend on agency locum
doctors via framework agencies, broken down into grade and specialty?
3. What is your yearly trust spend on agency locum
doctors via OFF-framework agencies, broken down into grade and specialty?
4. What is your average total charge rate for a locum
Commercially sensitive information relating to the average total charge
rate for a locum consultant doctor has not been disclosed as we consider
that Section 43 (2) ‘prejudice to the commercial interests of any party’
of the FOI act is engaged. Disclosure of this information could distort
competition between other providers and result in less competitive
quotes. The likely consequence of this would be an increased cost to the
NHS. We have considered how the public interest might apply, and although
recognising that there is a strong public interest in openness, there is a
greater public interest in ensuring an ability to obtain best value for
5. Who is the highest paid locum Consultant, what is the
hourly rate and in what specialty do they practice? Currently no locum
consultants are working. We would however consider the highest paid locum
consultant hourly rate to be commercial in confidence as detailed above.
In addition, we would not provide data that could identify an individual
member of staff and would therefore consider this to be exempt under
section 40 (personal information) of the Freedom of Information Act.
6. Please can you outline your spend per agency, broken
down by grade and specialty of doctor over the past 12 months?
ACCIDENT & EMERGENCY AGENCY LIMITED £33780.71
Bluecross Locums Limited £351158.53
Holt Doctors Limited £80477.62
ID MEDICAL GROUP LIMITED £336916.76
Medacs Healthcare Plc £775895.8
Medsol Healthcare Services Ltd £18709.85
Pathology Group Limited £229971.43
RIG Locums Limited £199814.4
RM Medics £3124.06
Total Assist Recruitment Limited £58940.31
Open Government License
The trust allows you to reuse this information under the Open Government
License found at the following link.
Your appeal rights
We hope that you will be satisfied with our response to your request, if
not you may ask us to review our decision in which case you should write
to Ms Emma Kearney, group director of public affairs and communications,
Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust, Pond Street, London NW3 2QG,
explaining what you would like us to review and including your reference
number. If you are not satisfied with the internal review, you can appeal
to the Information Commissioner. The contact details are: Information
Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9
5AF, telephone 01625 545 700 or see www.ico.org.uk
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now