Dear Bournemouth University,
I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Please could you provide a breakdown of advertising and marketing expenditure by line item. If this could be submitted as an excel that would be much appreciate. Ideally this would cover the following questions:
1. What has been the total annual budget for marketing over the last 5 years (2017-2021)?
2. How much of the marketing budget is spent on in-house marketing and how much is spent on 3rd party providers (e.g. Agencies)?
3. What are they types of third party services used e.g. (managed marketing services, content creators, self-service platforms) and how is the expenditure distributed among them?
4. How much of the marketing budget is spent on digital advertising and how much is spent on traditional advertising methods?
5. What is the segmentation of digital expenditure by channel (e.g. how much is spent on Facebook ads, Google ads etc.) ?
If this request is too wide or unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me. If any of this information is already in the public domain, please can you direct me to it, with page references and URLs if necessary.
I understand that you are required to respond to my request within the 20 working days after you receive this letter. I would be grateful if you could confirm in writing that you have received this request.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Thank you for your enquiry.
We (Bournemouth University Higher Education Corporation) will use the
personal information you provide for several purposes. These are: to
handle the request, including any follow-up on your part or for the
Information Commissioner; to oversee and adjust our handling procedures;
and for statistical purposes. Please see our General Enquiries & Public
Events privacy notice for more information:
Requests made under the Data Protection Legislation for information we
hold about you (Subject Access Requests) will receive a response within a
month following receipt by us of sufficient proof of your identity, and
sufficient information for us to locate the information requested.
Freedom of Information Act 2000 requests will receive a response (or
request for clarification) within 20 working days.
If your request is for information about programmes provided by
Bournemouth University, please consult our courses database at:
Full information about access to information at Bournemouth University,
including our Publication Scheme, can be obtained at:
Bournemouth University M209,
Melbury House 1-3 Oxford Road Bournemouth
Tel: +44 (0) 1202 961315
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now