Adult Social Care in Devon

Jamie Wake made this Freedom of Information request to Devon County Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Devon County Council,

Please can you answer the following questions regarding Adult Social Care in Devon?

1. The current average number of weekly hours commissioned to private domiciliary care providers for Adult Social Care as of August 2017
2. The estimated Annual Spend commissioned for Adult Domiciliary Care through private domiciliary care providers (Based on 2016)
3. The type of agreements held with private domiciliary care providers commissioned to deliver Adult Social Care services such as frameworks, Spot Contracts, Block Contracts etc and their start/end dates
4. The lowest and highest (based on the standard daytime week day rate) charge rates per hour of domiciliary care charged to the local authority for Adult Social care commissioned through private domiciliary care providers
5. When you anticipate retendering for domiciliary care services for Adult Social Care
6. The names of the current Domiciliary Care Providers commissioned in your authority to deliver Adult Social Care
7. The contact Name, Email address and Contact number of the person responsible for commissioning domiciliary care services in your authority
8. Are commissioned providers required to use real-time electronic monitoring to provide data to the local authority and if so which system?
9. The number of service users currently receiving a direct payment within your local authority as well as the number of average hours per week.
10. Is the local authority working with health partners to commission health funded care?
11. The authorities’ current market positioning statement for Adult Social Care

Yours faithfully,

Jamie Wake

access to information - mailbox, Devon County Council

Dear Mr Wake,


Freedom of Information Request

Reference –   6580796   


I am in receipt of your request for information which will be handled in
accordance with your rights under the above legislation.  Your request has
been passed to the Information Governance team to deal with in accordance
with the Council’s Environmental Information Regulations and Freedom of
Information Request Handling Policy.


Under the above legislation, you are entitled to be informed as to whether
or not Devon County Council holds the information you have requested, and
if so to have this communicated to you within 20 working days.  At times
the Council may have to withhold certain information because an exemption
from disclosure applies.  If we feel that this should apply to any of the
information you have requested, we will inform you of this fact (unless to
do so would reveal information that would otherwise be exempt).  We will
also give you details of how you may appeal our decision.


The Council will endeavour to provide you with a response to your request
as soon as possible but incidentally by no later than 31^st October


I hope this information is of assistance to you.


Kind regards,



Richard Kaye

Information Governance Officer

+ Devon County Council

  Customer Relations & Information Governance Team

  Room 120, County Hall

  Topsham Road



  EX2 4QD


)Telephone: 01392 383000

8E-mail: [1][email address]

7 Website: [2]

Disclaimer: [3]







Visible links
1. mailto:[email address]

access to information - mailbox, Devon County Council

Dear Jamie Wake


Freedom of Information Act 2000

Information Request 6580796


I am in receipt of your request for information under the Freedom of
Information Act dated 03 October 2017.

Devon County Council’s response can be found within the online disclosure
log which can be viewed from the following link:


I hope this information is of assistance to you.


Yours sincerely


Customer Relations & Information Governance Team

Devon County Council

Room 120, County Hall

Topsham Road

Exeter, EX2 4QD

E: [2][email address]


Please note that Devon County Council now publishes most Freedom of
Information and Environmental Information Regulations request responses on
its publication scheme. Details of previous responses are available at
The council requests that members of the public make use of its disclosure
log search facility before making a Freedom of Information or
Environmental Information Regulations request, as it is possible that the
information sought, may have been disclosed in response to a prior

Your right to complain
If for any reason you are not satisfied with how your request has been
handled, please write to Customer Relations Team, Room 120, County Hall,
Topsham Road, Exeter, EX2 4QD. Details about our Access to Information
complaints procedure can be found at
  If your complaint is not resolved to your complete satisfaction, you
have the right to refer the matter to the Information Commissioner’s
Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.

Re-use of information
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the
Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your
own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for
the purposes of news reporting. Use for Direct Marketing purposes is
prohibited. Any other re-use, for example commercial publication, would
require the permission of the copyright holder. Most documents supplied by
Devon County Council will have been produced by local officials and will
be our copyright. If you would like to re-use any of the information which
has been supplied to you, please contact us. Information you receive which
is not subject to our copyright continues to be protected by the copyright
of the person, or organisation, from which the information originated. You
must ensure that you gain their permission before reproducing any

Disclaimer: [5]
Applicable to private messages: "Devon County Council accepts no legal
responsibility for the contents of this message. The views expressed do
not reflect those of Devon County Council"




Visible links
2. mailto:[email address]

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .