Dear West Sussex County Council,
I would like to ask the following questions under the Freedom of Information Act.
I would be most grateful to hear back with responses relating to Adult Safeguarding for the whole of West Sussex between the period April 2016 and March 2017. If you don't have that year yet available, the most recent full year of statistics, would be most appreciated.
1. How many adult safeguarding alerts were made between April 2016 and March 2017 for people over the age of 65?
2. Could you please break the figures down into areas within the county?
3. Could please provide a breakdown of the type of abuse reported, under the following categories for April 2016-March 2017:
4. Could you please provide figures relating to gender for April 2016-March 2017.
d. Not disclosed
e. Not available
5. Could you please provide figures relating to ethnicity for April 2016-March 2017.
6. Could you please provide figures relating to religion for April 2016-March 2017.
7. Where did the abuse take place for April 2016-March 2017?
a. Own home
b. Residential home
c. Care home
d. Supported living
g. Not available
8. Information regarding perpetrator or suspected perpetrator if available for April 2016-March 2017:
h. Not available
9. Number of allegations that were substantiated for April 2016-March 2017.
10. Number of allegations that went to case conference or equivalent for April 2016-March 2017
11.Number of repeat referrals (if information is available) for April 2016-March 2017
12.Number of serious case reviews within April 2016-March 2017, if any for April 2016-March 2017.
I look forward to hearing from you and receiving your responses to the above questions.
Thank you for your enquiry, which has been forwarded to the appropriate
officers for a response. The usual timescale for a response is twenty
working days, that is by or on 05.10.17.
If for any reason the Council needs to extend this timescale you will be
notified in accordance with the relevant legislation.
Please note that in 2012 the County Council adopted a position in
principle that FoI and EIR requests to West Sussex County Council and the
Council's responses may be published on the Council's website in a
suitably anonymised form. This is in addition to the individual response
to the requestor, and in line with the Council's commitment to
transparency and open data.
Freedom Of Information | West Sussex County Council | Location:
County Hall, Chichester PO19 1RQ
E-mail: [email address]
I refer to your request below, which has been dealt with under the Freedom
of Information Act 2000.
We have now completed a search for the information which you requested and
I confirm the Authority holds information relevant to the request.
Please find the response attached.
The information supplied to you continues to be protected by the
Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. You are free to use it for your
own purposes, including any non-commercial research you are doing and for
the purposes of news reporting. Any other reuse, for example commercial
publication, would require the permission of the copyright holder. Most
documents supplied by us will be copyright of West Sussex County Council.
Information you receive which is not subject to WSCC continues to be
protected by the copyright of the person, or organisation, from which the
information originated. You must ensure that you gain their permission
before reproducing any third party (non WSCC) information.
If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me. Please
remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
If you are unhappy with the way your request has been handled, you may
wish to ask for a review of our decision via [email address].
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you may
apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally,
the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted our internal
review procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The Information Commissioner's Office,
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Data Management and Access Officer
|Freedom Of Information | West Sussex County Council | Location: County |
| Hall, Chichester PO19 1RQ |
| E-mail: [email address] |