Addresses of long term empty residential properties that are within your district

P Kendall made this Freedom of Information request to Blaby District Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

This request has been withdrawn by the person who made it. There may be an explanation in the correspondence below.

Dear Blaby District Council,

Can you please provide me with the following information under the
Freedom Of Information Act 2000:-

Addresses of long term empty residential properties that are within your district.

Yours faithfully,

P Kendall

Freedom of Information Mailbox, Blaby District Council

Dear P Kendall,

Freedom of Information Request – FOI-18-1625

I write in response to your request for information, which was received on 12/10/2018.

We believe this information to be exempt from disclosure under Section 31(1)(a) of the Freedom of Information Act. Section 31(1)(a) relates to Law enforcement and is used when disclosure of information would, or would be likely to, prejudice the prevention or detection of crime. We would be able to provide you with the number of empty properties per parish area. We have reached this decision as some postcodes or street names may apply to a very small area, therefore leading to the possible identification of empty buildings, which could lead to vandalism, squatting and criminal actions in respect of those properties.

The public interest test has been applied and although disclosing the information could lead to empty properties being brought back into use, the Council believes that the public interest in preventing crime outweighs the public interest of disclosing this information.

Please let me know if you would like to receive the number of empty properties per parish area.

Should you be unhappy with the way your request has been handled you can ask for an internal review by emailing: [email address]. The Senior Information Governance Officer will then arrange a review of your case.

If you are not happy with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. For more information, please visit:

If you have any further queries, please contact me quoting the above reference number.

Yours sincerely,

Emily Henderson
Information Governance Officer

Visit Our Website:

Please save paper and only print out what is necessary

Find out what level of service you are entitled to receive by viewing our Service Standards

To find out about how we use your personal information, please review our privacy notice.

show quoted sections

Dear Freedom of Information Mailbox,

I have withdrawn my request.

Yours sincerely,

P Kendall