Dear Chelmsford City Council,
Under the FOI Act please provide the following information:-
1. Does the authority outsource transactional services to another authority or shared service function or external party?
1.a. If yes, what is the name of said authority or shared service function or external party
2. Which Finance system is used by the authority (Oracle, Agresso, Sage, EFinancial, SAP etc.)?
3. Please state the total number of Accounts Payable invoices processed by the authority in the last financial year (18/19)
4. Please state the total value of the Accounts Payable invoices processed by the authority in the last financial year (18/19)
5. Is 3rd party pre-payment software utilised by the authority to prevent invoice payment errors (e.g. duplicate invoices, overpayments, VAT input errors or credits on statements) from occurring?
6. Are the services of a 3rd party, or 3rd party software, utilised by the authority to identify historical invoice errors (duplicate invoices, overpayments, VAT input errors or credits on statements)?
7. Over the last 6 years, please state the name(s) of all external organisation(s) used to review Accounts Payable transactions as in questions (5) and (6) as above
7.a.i. Please state the period(s) reviewed by each
7.a.ii. Please state the value of the contracts awarded by the authority to the external organisation(s) in each case.
7.b. Please state the total value of moneys recovered/incorrect payments identified (as appropriate) by each provider in the period(s) reviewed.
8. Please provide a contact list for finance & procurement departments at the authority.
9. What internal controls does the authority have to prevent payment errors occurring (3 way matching, no PO no PAY, invoice scanning etc.)
Thank you for your information request received 27^th November 2020. This
is an acknowledgement of your request being received. Your request has
been referenced as IR8509. Please use this reference number in any
subsequent contact with the Council.
We aim to provide a response to your request before or on 29^th December
Chelmsford City Council is making decisions each day to balance the needs
to maintain essential services and support those in most need, whilst
following public health guidance to protect the public and staff against
infection from coronavirus.
Due to the unprecedented circumstances we are facing during the
Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, it may not be possible for us to meet our
usual standard of response to Freedom of Information Requests or within
the timescales stipulated. The Council will respond to your request as
soon as we are able.
Thank you for your understanding and patience during this difficult and
Information Governance Team
Chelmsford City Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now