Dear Scottish Ambulance Service,
Can you please provide full details of accidents to ambulances in your control that was both accidental or non accidental.
1. In last 12 months (January 1st 2017 to December 31st 2017) how many vehicles were in accidents while responding to an emergency call and while in non emergency mode.
2. With regard to the above question, how many of these accidents were caused by ambulance driver error and how many from other persons error?
3. With regard to above question, what damage was caused to either vehicle for each accident recorded.
4. How many accidents have been caused by ambulances travelling above the speed limit for road concerned?
5. How many accidents have been caused by ambulances travelling on wrong side of road or passing through traffic lights on red?
6. How many accidents have happened when travelling on the motorway network that has caused ambulance damage.
7. In the last 12 months what has the cost of repairs been due to damage to ambulances caused my ambulance driver error?, if 2017 total is not known, supply 2016.
8. In the past 12 months what region/depot has had the most accidents, if possible also supply breakdown for each area listing all damage and who was to blame.
Robert James Hunter
Dear Mr Hunter,
Scottish Ambulance Service - Freedom of Information Request - FOI/1120/17
Thank you for your email of 23 December 2017. Your request has now been
logged and we aim to respond within 20 working days.
Lora Vernon, Corporate Affairs and Engagement Department, Scottish
Ambulance Service National Headquarters, Gyle Square, 1 South Gyle
Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9EB | www.scottishambulance.com