Dear East London NHS Foundation Trust,
Please provide the following information requested regarding access
to therapies and referral to specialist units outside the Trust
(1) Please can you provide diagram with structure of all talking
and art based therapy teams within the Trust with the referral
process for each
(2) Which therapy teams can be self referred to and which require
referral from either (a) GP or primary care professional or (b)
mental health worker within the Trust
(3) How many referrals were made to each of these teams between the
period August 2012 - August 2013?
(4) How many referrals were refused (a) before assessment (b) after
assessment. Refusal includes referral to other service for the
purpose of this enquiry.
(5) Can you give a breakdown of (a) How many referred were already
known to the Trust and (b) How many referred known to the Trust
were refused therapy (using the definition above). If you do not
have actual figures then a crude figure is acceptable.
(6) How many referred had either a diagnosis of psychotic illness
and/or are currently under the care of psychotic services?
(7) How many referred in the above group were refused therapy
(using the definition above)?
(8) How may cases has the Trust referred out to specialist national
or local units in the above period? How many of these referrals
were funded or part funded by the Trust? How many referrals were
made to specilaist national inpatient units outside the Trust?
(9)A more general policy and practice question:
When someone who is already under the care of the Trust is refused
therapy what options are they given with regard to funding for
other therapies that may be more appropriate?
How many times has the Trust referred patients to NHS Continuing
Healthcare funding for therapy in the stated period? What provision
is in place to refer patients for personal health budgets from
April next years?
Please find attached acknowledgment letter to your FOI request sent to the
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now