ACC Paul Fullwood [as below] 03 May 2019 conduct complaints by Martin McGartland
17 February 2019
Dear Bedfordshire Police and Crime Panel,
I am requesting copies of information, documents and correspondence (including letters, emails and other records) between your crime panel (as well as its members and staff) and Bedfordshire police, its officers / staff concerning the below conduct complaint/s made against ACC Paul Fullwood by Martin McGartland on 03 May 2019,
This request is also for the same information - as above - relating to all / any contact between crime panel, its members and staff and Paul Fullwood relating to the below complaints. The information I am requesting is for copies of all notes, records(telephone / meetings, minutes) which relate to this request, below Paul Fullwood conduct complaint/s
03 May 2019 conduct complaint/s against ACC Paul Fullwood
03 May 2019
Re: Complaint about the conduct of Paul Fullwood T/Assistant Chief Constable Joint Protective Services for Bedfordshire Police, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Constabularies
This complaint relates to the conduct of Paul Fullwood who is your T/Assistant Chief Constable of Joint Protective Services for Bedfordshire Police, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Constabularies. I am requesting that the matter / complaints, on grounds of transparency, be dealt with by an independent police force.
The reason for this is due to his reneging on many promises and assurances that he made to me concerning a review of my attempted murder case which was being investigated by Northumbria Police (NP). I met ACC Fullwood (with CC Jon Boutcher) in September / October 2017 at Bedfordshire HQ concerning the Jon Boutchera review of my attempted murder.
Jon Boutcher had tasked Paul Fullwood to select officers to conduct the said review and informed me that Mr Fullwood would be my means of contact given Mr Boutcher was busy with other force and Kenova operational duties.
During the meeting with Paul Fullwood and CC Boutcher personally assured and promised me that they would disclose a copy of his review teams findings and the report. He also assured me that any identified wrongdoing, misconduct and or criminal offences (including any suspicions of same) by former or present NP officers or any other agencies or agents would be acted upon, taken forward and would be reported to the relevant authorities (i.e IOPC, CPS etc) and done so without fear or favour. I rely on all of the emails between Paul and I as well as his records /notes (and mind) of telephone calls and texts etc.
During my contact with Paul Fullwood he personally and repeatedly promised and assured of the above. Rather than bombarding you with lots of documents and information, I want to place on the record that there are numerous emails between myself, Paul Fullwood (and Jon Boutcher) which will corroborate the and above. Those emails were sent from [REDACTED] and between [REDACTED]. You will be able to access those documents. I have copies if they are required. I will rely on all of those documents, evidence in supports of my complaints.
Around January / February 2018 (or thereabouts) Paul Fullwood was passed a copy of the review teams draft report and soon after he passed the report to CC Boutcher their attitudes changed completely whereby my being supplied with a copy of the review report (as he had previously and continually assured and promised me) changed to my being supplied with a redacted copy of the review report. A redacted report that CC Boutcher had stated stated to me hat would not include many redactions. Only those that could cause damage or harm to the ongoing investigation into my attempted murder.
(For the avoidance of any doubt.... this complaint relates only to T/ACC Paul Fullwood. I am aware that complaints against CC are dealt with by PCC).
The above then changed to my being informed that Paul Fullwood (and CC Boutcher) that they had recommended in the review report that the redacted copy that he prepared to be disclosed to me should be disclosed to me by NP. Then most recently and up to 6 months later (and after the report was disclosed by Paul Fullwood / CC Boutcher to NP) I was told by him/them that he was seeking legal advice concerning the report and also the disclosure of it to me.
To date, I have never been informed of the outcome of that legal advice (which I have said was circumvented, as well as above) nor is Paul Fullword responding to any of my recent emails. He and or CC Boutcher has tasked his head of legal to write to me without giving me any explanation as to the above.
It has been around 20 months since I met Paul Fullwood (and CC Boutcher) and during that period I have been very anxiously awaiting their findings only to be completely let down and being subjected to lengthy delays which has resulted in broken and reneged promises and what I am clear is a wilful act by Paul Fullwood (and CC Boutcher) to cover up his / the review team findings as well as the following (and more).
I am complaining for the following reasons:
1. That Paul Fullwood has reneged on all the personal promises and assurances he made to gave me as the victim in an unsolved attempted murder. Those include personal promises and assurances at the above meeting, during telephone conversations and also in a number of emails in which he told me that the review report would be disclosed to me. He even informed me at different stages that that would happen at same time it was disclosed to NP. Not only has he failed to disclose the review report. He has also refused to disclosure details of the review teams findings. And he is also refusing to disclose a copy of the redacted report.
2. I have reason to believe that Paul Fullwood was made aware as a result of the review teams findings and or from the report that former and or present NP officers had been involved in wrongdoing as well as potentially criminal offences (and at least serious gross misconduct) due to a catalogue of failures, omissions, inaction's and or actions by those officers. The same, I believe, is the case concerning other agencies and or agents but Paul Fullwood has refused / failed as required under code of ethics etc to report, challenge or investigate those (and as he promised and assured me many times that he would do).
The same would include, but is not limited to the following examples (which are just some examples) i.e. of NP protecting persons of interest / suspect/s in my unsolved attempted murder from arrest and justice. And I also have reason to believe that they did so for up to 10 years or longer. The wiful failure by NP to undertake and or act on outstanding lines of enquiry / investigation which I understand they failed to do and are continuing to fail to pursue for up to and in excess of 10 years.
The delaying of arrests by months or even years of individuals of the 5 person/s who have previously been arrested but have been released without charge.
I have also reason to believe that NP and at least one of the SIO's in my attempted murder case deliberately misled government minister/s who in turn misled MP's, the public by information disclosed in the House of Commons as a result of information supplied by NP, the covering up of ballistics and forensic tests and examinations of the gun that was used in my attempted murder, as well as a second handgun and also ammunition which I understand were also identified as being connected to at least 2 other murders as well as shootings and punishment attacks by terrorists in Northern Ireland but which NP had covered up between my June 1999 shooting and the date of the Boutcher review (and would have continued to do so if not for external review). The above are merely just some examples and I believe there are many others. All of which (and more) will have become known to Paul Fullwood as a result of the review teams findings, the review of my attempted murder case.
3. That Paul Fullwood has failed to act / take action against Special Branch, MI5 and or Home Office and Government interference and obstruction in my unsolved attempted murder and the police investigation of it and that would include their wilfully omitting, withholding information concerning my attempted murder from police officers as well as information and also intelligence about the identity of person/s as well as suspects identified as having been involved in my attempted murder. I suspect this may well have been as a result of Special Branch, MI5 ... protecting informants. I also suspect that this might well be because individual/s involved in my attempted murder were before the attempt on my life, were informants or agents of the State or they were recruited after the attempt on my life and this resulted in individuals being protected from arrest and justice.
4. That Paul Fullwood as a result of the review, is aware / had established that NP had been aware within days of my June 1999 shooting that the attempt on my life had been carried out by terrorists but that they covered it up (including from me as the victim) during the previous 20 years which they continue to cover up as they have still not admitted same to me or public. And that NP did so during a time when they were maliciously and very deliberately leaking smears to the press in which they linked me and my shooting to drugs and feuding drugs gangs. That Paul Fullwood, as result of above, the review findings, had also been aware / had established that NP, its officers had made no attempt to put the record straight at any stage during the past 20 years (even up to the present day).
The above, without doubt - and Paul Fullwood will be aware of same - will have caused damage (which I said NP intended) to the investigation into my attempted murder. As a result, the public (due to NP drugs claims) were lead to believe that my shooting was a local, a criminal matter and was not terrorist attack / connected to IRA.
The was done, I am clear by NP, to cover up and protect PIRA involvement in my attempted murder. I also have reason to believe that the review will have identified Special Branch, MI5 and or British government interference or influence in this. And my complaint is also that Paul Fullwood despite all his promises and assurances, has not taken any type of action regards this, any of above allegations.
An additional matter which I am complaining about also relates to the same meeting between myself, CC Boutcher and T/ACC Fullwood in which CC Boutcher asked me for highly sensitive information concerning my present home address as well as my present new identity. He did so because he stated to me that he was concerned about a threat that the local police (who you will appreciate I cannot name for security reasons) had informed me of only weeks previously. The police arrived at my house to inform me of a threat to my life which I believe originated from the IRA. As a result of this and because CC Boutcher asked for those details, I very foolishly (which I will forever regret) disclosed those to him ands Paul Fullwood. CC Boutcher stated to me that they those details were needed so that he / Paul Fullwood could make some enquiries about the said threat.
I have never in my life shared such information with anyone regards my present location and new identity previous to that and I never would do so but that information was supplied to CC Boutcher and Paul Fullwood for that purpose only and for no other and Paul Fullwood and or CC Boutcher had my consent to use it for any other purpose nor to share it with any others (including with Op Kenova, on PNC, on any Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire or Cambridgeshire systems or with any other third parties / persons.
My complaint regarding this issue is:
5. That Paul Fullwood has been asked by me in recent emails to confirm if that highly sensitive information has not been shared with any other person/s, third parties and or organisations or added to any police systems local or national (and more importantly, not cross referenced with my birth name of Martin McGartland) and if it has been shared with operation Kenova or any others. I also requested confirmation that those details be permanently destroyed in a format whereby they can never be recovered. However, Paul Fullwood has ignored my emails, he has failed to respond to above and this is causing me a great deal of additional worry and distress (on top of my ongoing and permanent symptoms).
As a result, I am complaining that I believe that Paul Fullwood has shared that highly sensitive information with others (including with some of the above) without my consent and in doing so could well be placing me in potential danger both now and right into the future if that information were to fall into the wrong hands. I repeat that that information was requested from me by CC Boutcher / Paul Fullwood for the above reason only and I only supplied it to him, them for that reason which I made known at the time after CC Boutcher asked Paul Fullwood to record the details on a piece of paper (to make checks regards threat to my life). I did not give my consent for those details to be used for any other purpose and I never would.
I look forward to hearing from you concerning this matter and would be much obliged if you could deal with it by email only.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now