Dear University of Brighton,
My request is regarding statistics for the A100 medicine course. All requests are for the
2018/2019 cycle. If data for the 2018/2019 cycle is not possible, I would like it for the
2017/2018 cycle. Many thanks.
Please can I have the following anonymised data about the candidates who applied:
1. For each applicant, can I know their A-level predicted grades, GCSE grades, UCCAT score, BMAT score, whether they were successful in getting an interview and whether they were successful in getting a place?
2. For each applicant, can I also know whether they were home or international (if so whether they were an EU citizen)
3. Please can I know what type of school the applicant went to (independent, maintained,
grammar, academy or
4. Please could I have a breakdown of their UKCAT and BMAT scores by section
5. How their PS and interview performance was graded or scored
6. Whether they were on a gap year or taking a deferred place
Please can I have all this data in an Excel or at least a machine-readable format?
Dear Mr Forgan
Thank you for your Freedom of Information Act Request.
1: All applicants need to be predicted AAA (AAB if they have contextual data) at A Level, if they do not meet these predictions they will be rejected (we do not record these). BMAT score and interview information is in the Excel spreadsheet - attached.
2: All data on the spreadsheet relates to UK/EU applicants. International students were not required to sit an admissions test. There were 378 applicants, 70 were interviewed, 26 were made an offer and 13 accepted the offer.
3: BSMS does not record this information
4: See response to question one
5: BSMS does not use the personal statement. BSMS uses MMI and score it out of 50.
6: BSMS does not record this information.
Should you wish to seek a review of this response to your request, please write to Mr S Dudderidge, Registrar and Secretary, 8th Floor, Cockcroft Building, Lewes Road, Brighton BN2 4GJ. If this fails to resolve the matter then you have the right to apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision.
Head of Data Compliance and Record Management
01273 64 2010
Vice Chancellors Office
University of Brighton
8th Floor, Cockcroft Building
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now