Dear Fitzwilliam College, Cambridge,
I would like to request some data on the A100 applications from the last four admissions cycles, under the terms of the Freedom Of Information Act 2000.
The data I would like is as follows,
1) How many applicants applied post A level and of those how many received interview and offers.
2) For the applicants who were given offers (post a level ) and the ones who didn't (post a level) could I get anonymised data on what A Levels they had taken and their average ums scores in each invididual subject. If an applicant took retakes , could this be indicated as well as how many were taken.
As well as this, I would like their bmat scores.
3) Could I also have a copy of any scoring system used before, during or after interview.
4) Finally, how is contextual data used for gcse's and are there personalized offers for medicine?
Dear Mr Overett
Further to your Freedom of Information request of 16th February, I can
supply the following information:
1. Data for unsuccessful applicants is not held. Data for the current
year is exempt under Section 40 (Personal Information) of the Act.
2. This information is exempt under section 40 (2) of the Act.
To comply with this request would require the processing of the personal
data of applicants for a purpose other than that
for which it was obtained and would therefore conflict with the Data
3. The University-wide standard scoring system is used. This is scored
on a 10-point, qualitative scale thus:
10 Exceptional candidate - must take; 9 Very strong - definitely worth
an offer; 8 Strong - worth an offer; 7 Probably worth an offer; 6
Possibly worth an offer; 5 Doubtful for an offer; 4 Weak; 1-3 Probably
4. Please refer to the University of Cambridge website:
Personalised offers, in the form of emphasis on particular subjects
depending on those which the applicant has taken, may be made in
Medicine as in other subjects.
If you are dissatisfied with the College's response you may seek an
internal review of the Colleges decision. If after that review you
remain dissatisfied you have the right to
apply to the Information Commissioner - see contact details below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 (or 01625 545745 if you would prefer not to call an
'03' number, or +44 1625 545745 if calling from overseas)
Fax: 01625 524510
Email addresses are available from
I trust that is helpful.
Mr. R A Powell
Fellow and Bursar
Cambridge CB3 0DG
T: 01223 332067
F: 01223 332078
Registered Charity No: 1137496
This e-mail (together with any files transmitted with it) is intended
only for the use of the individual(s) or the organisation to whom it is
addressed. It may contain information which is strictly confidential or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender by return e-mail (or telephone) and delete the original message.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now