Dear NHS England,
I would like to know the following information about 999 calls between 2011-2016:
1. The number of 999 calls for an ambulance made between 2011-2016.
2. The number of 999 calls for an ambulance made between 2011-2016 specifically for alcohol related afflictions.
3. The average cost of sending an ambulance to respond to a 999 call where patient was conveyed by ambulance to an alternative healthcare provider.
4. The average cost of sending an ambulance to respond to a 999 call where the patient was treated and discharged from ambulance responsibility at the scene.
6. The average cost of an A&E consultation.
I would prefer to receive this information electronically, preferably as a data set, eg. in Excel, and not as a PDF.
Dear Ms Livadeas,
Thank you for your communication dated 27 December 2016.
NHS England has assessed your communication as a request under the Freedom
of Information (FOI) Act 2000. As such, please be assured that your
request is being dealt with under the terms of the FOI Act and will be
answered within twenty working days.
For further information regarding the FOI Act, please refer to the
Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) website. For further information
regarding NHS England and the information it publishes please visit our
If you have any queries about this request or wish to contact us again,
please email [NHS England request email] and the message will be
forwarded appropriately. Please remember to quote the above reference
number in any future communications.
Please do not reply to this email. This message has been sent from a
central mailbox. To communicate with NHS England regarding Freedom of
Information (FOI) requests, enquiries or complaints we ask these are sent
directly to NHS England’s customer contact centre. This is to ensure all
communications are progressed correctly. Their postal address, telephone
number and email details are as follows:- PO Box 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT;
0300 3 11 22 33, [NHS England request email].
Freedom of Information
Corporate Communications Team
Transformation and Corporate Operations Directorate
PO Box 16738
Tel: 0300 311 22 33
Email: [NHS England request email]
‘High quality care for all, now and for future generations’
1. mailto:[NHS England request email]
2. mailto:[NHS England request email]
3. mailto:[NHS England request email]