This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Flytipped items on your land.'.

Unhappy with 
our service? 
A guide to our 
complaints process

Working hard to keep 
wonderful water flowing
Severn Trent is always working hard to 
Our sewerage service 
keep wonderful water flowing to your 
home and provide great service on tap. 
and water supply
We try to get things right first time, so 
These are two things that keep our lives 
we’re sorry to hear that we haven’t quite 
flowing as they should – all day, every 
hit the mark this time.
day. So our team is here to help you 24 
We’re here to help you
hours a day, 7 days a week for questions 
about either. Just give us a call on 
Our friendly customer care team is here 
0800 783 4444 (free from most landlines 
to answer queries about your bill, water 
and some mobiles). 
supply or our sewerage service – we can 
If you’re getting in touch via Textphone, 
find solutions to most problems quickly 
we’re here to help all day every day on 
and simply. Here’s how to contact us: 
0800 328 1155.
Your water bill
You can also get in touch on our website 
If you have a query about your bill, give us  ( Here, you can manage 
a call on 0345 7 500 500 (a local rate call) 
your account online, report a leak, find 
any time between 8am–9pm on Monday 
out what we’re working on in your area 
to Friday, and 8:30am–5:30pm 
and much more. 
on Saturdays and we’ll hopefully be able 
Whenever a customer contacts us, we’ll 
to help.
try our best to answer your query and put 
things right as soon as we can. But if for 
whatever reason we can’t, one of our duty 
managers will be happy to chat to you. 
Or, if it suits you better, we can arrange to 
call you back at a time that works for you. 
We’d welcome another chance to work 
things out for you.

Our complaints process 
We never like to hear that we’ve let a customer down and always want you to get in touch 
to let us know what’s happened. There are four steps in our complaints process and 
we’ll try our hardest to sort your problem when you first make contact. But if you aren’t 
happy with our initial help, there are a few simple steps to follow:
  Making  your 
 Reviewing your case
Hopefully, we’ll have already resolved your 
issue. If we haven’t, we’ll be happy to review 
The quickest way to get in touch is either 
your case. Just let us know if you’d like us to 
through our website or by sending us an 
do this – our customer care team will carry 
email at xxxxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.xx.xx 
out a review and get back to you within 10 
to explain what the problem is. If you’d 
working days to let you know the outcome. 
prefer, you can also write to us at:
There may be occasions where we need 
Severn Trent 
to chat through your case with you face to 
Customer Care Team 
face. Where possible, we will try to arrange 
PO Box 409 
a visit. We’re happy to come and meet you 
anywhere within our region, or we can put a 
date in the diary for you to visit us 
To help us get back to you quickly, 
don’t forget to include your phone number.  3
We’ll respond to you within 10 working 
 The  Consumer 
days of receiving your letter or email, 
Council for Water
and if you still haven’t heard from us, you 
might be entitled to payment under our 
If we’ve reviewed your case, but you still 
Guaranteed Standards Scheme (you can 
think we could have done more to help, you 
find out more about this in section 9 on the  can get in touch with the Consumer Council 
codes of practice link on our website). 
for Water, who will help resolve the issue
where they can. You can write to them at:
Consumer Council for Water 
1st Floor, Victoria Square House 
Victoria Square 
B2 4AJ
You can also call them Monday to Friday 
on 0300 034 2222 or find out more at

  Alternative  Dispute 
You can make an application for their 
help on their website – 
Resolution (ADR)
– where you can also find some guidance 
If you’ve been through the first three 
on the process. You can also ask for the 
stages of this process and your complaint 
application form to be sent to you by 
still hasn’t been resolved, it’s worth getting  emailing or calling 
in touch with the Water Industry Redress 
0207 520 3801.
Scheme (WATRS). This is a helpful, 
You can write to them at:
voluntary team that deals with the few 
customer complaints that aren’t resolved. 
International Dispute Resolution Centre 
They’ll provide an independent decision, 
70 Fleet Street 
which is impartial and means they should 
London EC4Y 1EU
be able to help you, without the need for 
you to go to court or a tribunal. 
A quick bit of information about the 
•  To respect the independence of WATRS
commitments we’ve signed up to with 
•  To be bound by any decision made by 
WATRS. You can find a full copy of all of 
WATRS’s adjudicator if the customer 
these at
accepts it, and to act on the decision that 
•  To provide WATRS free of charge to 
is made
all customers
•  To co-operate with and pay attention 
•  To support the principles set out in the 
to the recommendations of the 
ADR specification
ADR panel.
This publication is available in 
alternative formats, including large 
print and Braille.
For further information:
0345 7 500 500
0800 328 1155
Calls to 0800 numbers are free from UK landlines. Calls to 0345 
numbers are charged at a local rate and when phoning from  
a mobile, may be included in your free minutes package.
Severn Trent Water Ltd 
PO Box 407 
Darlington, DL1 9WD