Freedom Of Information
PO BOX 9
Tel: 01924 296006
Fax: 01924 292726
Our ref: 7113/20
Thank you for your request for information, received by West Yorkshire Police on 11/11/20.
You requested the following information:
1. How many arrests were made at BLM protests for all alleged crimes between 1st January 2020 and
1st November 2020?
arrests were made at BLM protests between 1st January 2020 and 1st November 2020.
2. Of these arrests, how many were made under the Coronavirus Act 2020 legislation?
3. Of those arrested, how many were first-time offenders?
4. How many charges have been brought against those arrested at BLM protests for all alleged crimes
between 1st January 2020 and 1st November 2020?
Two individuals have been charged to court.
5. Of these charges, how many were made under the Coronavirus Act 2020?
6. Of those charged, how many were first-time offenders?
7. How many police officers were injured as a result of BLM protests?
8. How many protesters were injured as a result of BLM protests?
This information is not held. It is not recorded whether an injury occurred at a protest specifically.
If you are not satisfied with how this request has been handled or with the information provided, please
read the advice notice attached to this letter. If you do wish to take up your right of complaint, please
remember to quote the reference number above, in any future correspondence.
1. Are you unhappy with how your request has been handled or you think the decision is incorrect?
You have the right to request that West Yorkshire Police review their decision. Prior to lodging a formal
complaint, we encouraged that you discuss the decision with the case officer that has dealt with your
2. Ask to have the decision looked at again
The quickest and easiest way to have the decision looked at again, is to telephone the case officer that is
nominated at the end of your decision letter. That person wil be able to discuss the decision, explain any
issues and assist with any problems.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling procedures or the decision of West Yorkshire Police, made under
the Freedom of Information Act 2000 regarding access to information, you can lodge a writ en complaint
to have the decision internally reviewed.
A West Yorkshire Police internal review of your decision, wil be carried out by a senior member of staff
who is fully trained in interpreting Freedom of Information legislation. The review wil be independent
conducted, regardless to the original decision made.
Complaints wil only be treated as valid, if they are received by West Yorkshire Police within a 60 day
timeframe from the date of the decision letter. They must include the original FOI Reference Number and
can only be submitted in writing, by using the following contact details:
West Yorkshire Police
FOI Internal Reviews
PO Box 9
In all possible circumstances, West Yorkshire Police wil aim to complete and respond to your internal
review within 20 working days. However this date may be extended in exceptional circumstances, by
another 20 working days.
4. The Information Commissioner
If you are stil dissatisfied with the internal review decision, made by West Yorkshire Police. You can then
make an application to the Information Commissioner, for a decision on whether the request for information
has been dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the Act.
For information on how to make application to the Information Commissioner please visit their website at
Alternatively, you can phone their helpline or write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office
FOI Help Line: 0303 1231113