This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Funding for Tell MAMA and Faith Matters'.

Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local 
Fry Building 
2 Marsham Street 
T 030 3444 0000
Ms Jane Smith
Date:  29 July 2020
Dear Ms Smith
Freedom of Information Act 2000 - 7857972
Thank you for your request for information which was received on 2 June 2020.
You requested: "I would like to know: 
1. How much money has the government granted to Tell MAMA, with a breakdown 
of this funding per year since Tell MAMA was founded. 

2. How much money has the government granted to Faith Matters, with a breakdown 
of this funding per year since Faith Matters was founded. 

3. How much money has the government granted to Stop Funding Hate? 
4. How much money has the government granted to SCE-ME (CIC 07504666)? 
5. How much money has the government granted to Stop Hate UK?".
This request has been considered under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
I can confirm that we hold information within scope of your request but I am 
withholding it as explained below.
This information is exempt from disclosure under section 38(1) (a) and (b) of the FOI 
Act as disclosing it would be likely to endanger the physical or mental health, and the 
safety, of an individual.
Information falling within this exemption must still be provided however unless it is 
not in the public interest to do so. 
There is always a degree of benefit in making information held by public authorities 
available as it increases public participation in decision making and aids the 
transparency and accountability of government. This, in turn, may serve to increase 

public trust and confidence in the policy decisions made by ministers and in good 
However, we consider that there is also a significant public interest in ensuring the 
safety of individuals or groups of individuals and that disclosure of the information 
you have requested would be likely to endanger the safety of people who work for, or 
are associated with, the specified organisations.
I have decided, on balance, that it is not in the public interest to disclose this 
Complaints procedure
If you are unhappy with this response, we will review it and report back to you. (This 
is called an internal review.) If you want us to do this, let us know by return email 
within two months of receiving this response. You can also ask by letter addressed 
Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
Knowledge and Information Access Team
4th Floor SE, Fry Building
2 Marsham Street
London, SW1P 4DF
If you are unhappy with the outcome of this internal review, you can ask the 
independent Information Commissioner to investigate. The Information 
Commissioner can be contacted at email address or use their 
online form at or call them on 0303 123 1113.
Yours sincerely