This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'University of Cambridge Career Services Spend'.

Miss Zoe Allwood 
FOI Manager 
Russ Hunter 
By email 
Reference: FOI-2020-55 
13 February 2020 
Dear Mr Hunter, 
Your request was received on 20 January 2020 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the 
Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’). 
You asked: 
If possible, I’d like to receive data specific to the 2018/2019 academic year. 
Specifically, I’d like to request data on the student careers services spend. (Excluding 
operational costs.) 
This could fall under career support or careers programmes. 
If this includes a combined group of departments, could you please specify each department 
and their individual spend? 

You sent an unsolicited clarification of your request on 23 January 2020 as follows: 
would it be possible to disregard the ‘operational costs’ aspect of my previous request, and 
instead just receive the overall careers spend for the university? 

The expenditure on the University Careers Service ( in that year is 
published at 
(under ‘Staff and Student Facilities’). Please note that additional careers-related activity may take place 
within individual Faculties and Departments but this does not come from a separate budget. 
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a 
complaint or request an internal review of this decision, you should contact us quoting the reference 
number above. The University would normally expect to receive your request for an internal review 
within 40 working days of the date of this letter and reserves the right not to review a decision where 
there has been undue delay in raising a complaint. If you are not content with the outcome of your 
The Old Schools 
Trinity Lane 
Cambridge, CB2 1TN 
Tel: +44 (0) 1223 764142 
Fax: +44 (0) 1223 332332 

review, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the 
Information Commissioner cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints 
procedure provided by the University. The Information Commissioner may be contacted at: The 
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF 
Yours sincerely, 
Zoe Allwood