FW: Request for information - Freedom of Information Act 2000 < No. 12279>
Dear E McMenamin,
1. Is a catering restaurant or café provided on the premises?
2. What are the addresses of the buildings in which the restaurants or cafés are located?
3. Who is the current catering incumbent of the catering contract?
4. What is the catering value? (Or is it nil subsidy?) The catering facilities shared with other
5. When is the catering service contract due for re-tender?
6. How will it be re-tendered?
7. Is the contract part of a PFI?
8. Is it part of an FM contract? (and if so, what services are also included in the contract?) Who
provides the other soft FM services?
9. Who will be the main person leading on the tender during the formal tender process?
10. When will the tender notice be issued?
11. Where will the tender notice be issued?
12. When is the tender due for release?
13. Is it on CCS framework?
14. Who in the department is responsible for the management of the contract?
15. How many people are there on site per day?
To assist we can advise Public Sector bodies need to comply with their own Standing
Orders/Financial Regulations as well as the Public Contracts Regulations 2015 (PCR2015) -
Statutory Instrument 2015 No. 102. Contract Opportunities are advertised in compliance with
Clause 52 of PCR2015 sets out that that information should not be made available before relevant
contract notices are published. As the focus of your enquiry is on developing your business, you are
recommended to review PCR2015. Most if not all public sector organisations will also have ‘how to
do business’ type information on their websites, this will contain details of the type of procurement
activity required below thresholds and where/which E Tendering system are used for advertisements
– notices will be sent to Contracts Finder and OJEU as required as well as being advertised on their
e-tendering system. We use Bluelight https://bluelight.eu-supply.com/
1. Yes at Police HQ
2. HQ, Clemonds Hey, Oakmere Road, Winsford, Cheshire. CW7 2UA
3. Catering Academy (Servest) as sub-contractor to BAM FM under the HQ PFI Contract
4. Spend on hospitality/catering is published as part of the invoice payments publication
process, available on the PCC’s website. The catering facility is available to anyone with
access to the HQ building
5. Not applicable – part of PFI
6. Not applicable – part of PFI
8. No – see reply above – part of PFI. For your information – all our contracts are published and
publicly available on www.blpd.gov.uk/foi
9. Not applicable – part of PFI
10. Not applicable – part of PFI
11. Not applicable – part of PFI
12. Not applicable – part of PFI
14. Helen Elliott, Procurement & Contracts Manager, is responsible for the commercial contract
management of the HQ PFI contract.
15. Site numbers fluctuate – there is no recorded information to say what numbers are on site
each day – as staff shifts vary as do meetings and visitors so no one day or week will be the
If you are not satisfied with the decision applied in this case I enclose for your attention a copy of the
Constabulary's appeal procedures.
Cheshire Constabulary and Cheshire Fire & Rescue Service Joint Corporate Services
Clemonds Hey | Oakmere Road | Winsford | Cheshire | CW7 2UA
Visit www.cheshire.police.uk | www.cheshirefire.gov.uk
Follow @cheshirepolice and @CheshireFire on Twitter
Like Cheshire Police and Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service on Facebook