Environment & Regeneration
Islington Public Realm
PO Box 2025
T 020 7527 2000
By email to: email@example.com E firstname.lastname@example.org
18 December 2019
Dear Santino Pani FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REF No: 498302
Thank you for your information request received on 02/12/2019 regarding the toilet facilities in
the borough of Islington. In your request you asked us:
1. How many public toilets are available in your council’s borough?
Response 1: Nine
2. How much did your council spend in maintenance of the public toilets, cleaners etc, during the
last financial year 2018/2019?
Response 2: £175,385.66
3. Does your council pay to Transport for London for the toilet services? If yes, how much was
this last financial year 2018/2019?
Response 3: No
4. How many toilets are out of service in your borough?
Response 4: Nil (zero)
If you would like this document in large print or Braille, audiotape or in another
language, please telephone 020 7527 2000.
5. How many reports for antisocial behaviour have been made during last year, that happened
on toilets, and how many toilets have been closed for antisocial behaviour or vandalism?
Response 5: The Council has received a total of three complaints for anti-social behaviour in the
last year that happened in toilets. One toilet was closed for two days due to vandalism to doors.
If you are not satisfied with the way in which your request has been handled or the outcome,
you may request an internal review within two calendar months of the date of this response by
contacting: Information Complaints, Information Governance Team, Resources, 3rd Floor, 7
Newington Barrow Way, Islington, N7 7EP. Email: email@example.com
Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner's Office, at Wycliffe
House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF. Telephone: 0303 123 1113. Web:
Senior Technical Officer