This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Water and Sewer Maintenance Arrangements'.

Our Ref: FOI/WPCT ID. 696 
DATE: 28/02/2011 
Steve McElveen  
Worcestershire Primary Care Trust 
mailto:request-60757- [email address] 
Wildwood Drive 
WR5 2LG 
Tel: 01905 760016 
Fax: 01905 764013 
Email: [email address] 
Dear Mr McElveen 
Re: Request for information under Freedom of Information Act 2000 – ID. 696 
Thank you for your request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, which was received on 
Please see below your enquiry and the PCT’s response: 
The responsibility for the estates and facilities support services in respect of Worcestershire PCT is 
carried out under a Service Level Agreement with Worcestershire Mental Health Partnership NHS 
Trust. They have kindly supplied the following information: 
1.  Could you please provide a list of names and contact details for the PCT Officers that are 
responsible for managing the repair and maintenance of water-mains and sewers on/within 
all your PCT properties/premises.  
Derek Carter - Estates statutory officer and Barry Lynch - Estates Maintenance Manager  
address; Trust Headquarters, Worcestershire Mental Health Partnership NHS Trust, Isaac 
Maddox House, Shrub Hill Road, Worcester WR4 9RW 
2.  Does the PCT have a contractor(s) in place to deliver your statutory duties with respect to 
the following activities: 
a.  Mitigating water loss from mains on/within all PCT properties/premises, including 

hospitals, surgeries, offices, depots etc. (The Water Authorities undergo leakage 
detection exercises and have powers to insist leaks are repaired without delay);  
We do not have a particular contractor in situ but have used several in recent past, please 
contact Barry Lynch Estates Maintenance Manager or David Dowson Environmental Officer at 
the address given above 
b.  Preventing pollution of groundwater from poorly maintained and leaking sewers on 
PCT land (recent laws place the burden for any pollution event upon the polluter – 
polluter pays);  
We are not aware of any requests from the Local Authority or any problems 
c.  Maintaining appropriate levels of water quality within private mains networks at PCT 
owned premises, such as hospitals, clinics, office premises etc. (legislation places 
various obligations on network owners for maintaining the quality of water on their 
premises and to get the appropriate approvals before upgrading/maintenance works 
are carried out).  
We carry out Clean and Disinfections of systems and regular Risk Assessments. 
3.  Can you please provide the name and address of the contractor(s) currently undertaking 
the works activities listed in point 2 above?  

Clean and Disinfection Aqua Protec Stockwood Business Park, Stockwood, Worcestershire, 
B96 6SX and Risk Assessments Acorn Chemical Services Ltd, Unit 16 Milland Road Ind. Est, 
Neath West Glam. SA11 1NJ 

4.  Can you please confirm the nature of the contract that you have with these contractors 
and when the contract(s) is/are due to be renewed?  
Clean and disinfection is about to start 2nd year of a 3 year contract. Risk Assessments are 
currently being carried out. 
Please note that although the information we provide you is correct at the time if should not be relied 
upon in future.  
In line with the Information Commissioner’s directive on the disclosure of information under the 
Freedom of Information Act 2000, your request will form part of our disclosure log within our 
Publication Scheme with your personal data removed. I hope you will find this area of the web 
interesting as it also provides previously supplied information. Here is the link: 
Please note that any information we provide following your request under the Freedom of Information 
Act will not confer an automatic right for you to re-use that information, for example to publish it.  If 
you wish to re-use the information that we provide please refer to the Trust’s Policy on the Re-Use of 
Public Sector Information which can be found on our website at
I trust this matter has been dealt with to your satisfaction but if there is anything which you need 
further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact me on 01905 733263 or by email. Please 
remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.  
If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a 
complaint or request a review of our decision, you should write to: Patient Relations Manager, NHS 
Worcestershire, Wildwood, Wildwood Drive, Worcester, WR5 2LG. 
If you are still unhappy following an internal review, you may take your complaint to the Information 
Commissioner under the provisions of Section 50 of the Freedom of Information Act. Please note that 
the Information Commissioner will not investigate your case until the PCT internal review process has 
been completed. Further details of the role and powers of Information Commissioner can be found on 
the Commissioner’s website, 
The Information Commissioner’s address is:- Information Commissioner's Office ,  
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF 
Yours sincerely  
The Freedom of Information Team 
NHS Worcestershire 

Document Outline