Your request and our response are set out below.
1. Can you confirm how long, in minutes, a community group is permitted to
speak at your local council's Planning Committee?
2. Is there a limit on the number of registered speakers permitted to speak at
your Planning Committee? If yes, please specify the maximum number of
3. Is there a limit on the total time allowed for registered speakers? If yes,
please provide details of the time restriction.
3. Are your Planning Committee procedure rules publicly available online? If
yes, please provide the web link.
1. A community group is permitted to speak for 3 minutes at the Council’s
2. Yes, six (3 per side of the debate) unless otherwise agreed by the Chair.
3. Yes, 18 minutes (3 minutes x 6 speakers).
4. Yes - https://democracy.eastsussex.gov.uk/mgCommitteeDetails.aspx?ID=157