THE GRANGE, NUTHOLT LANE,
ELY, CAMBRIDGESHIRE CB7 4EE
Telephone: Ely (01353) 665555
DX41001 ELY Fax: (01353) 665240
Further to your information request FOI/EIR 19/20-060 please find your question and our response below.
I am writing to you to request the following information under the Freedom of Information Act:
1) Can the council confirm their current number of Long Term Empty Properties as of the 8th May (those
domestic properties which have been empty for six months or older?)
2) What work is the council currently undertaking or planning to undertake around reducing their long
term empty properties in 2019?
3) During 2018 did you undertake any work around reducing your Long Term Empty Properties? If you
did was this done using internal resource or a third party?
4) If yes is the answer to question three, did the council review every single long term property
5) Does the reduction of empty homes in the council area form part of your Housing strategy?
6) Does the council have a budget in place to help support the reduction of empty properties?
7) How much did the council spend on temporary accommodation during 2018?
8) Does the council offer financial support /loans to Long Term Empty property owners to help them bring
properties back into use?
1) East Cambridgeshire District Council does not own or manage any residential housing stock (this was
passed to Sanctuary Housing) and therefore does not have any Long Term Empty Properties.
7) East Cambridgeshire District Council has not used temporary accommodation since 2013
8) Please see: https://www.eastcambs.gov.uk/housing/empty-homes
This concludes your request FOI/EIR 19/20-060
If information has been refused please treat this as a Refusal Notice for the purposes of the Act.
If you disagree with our decision or are otherwise unhappy with how we have dealt with your request in
the first instance you may approach email@example.com. and request a review.
Should you remain dissatisfied with the outcome you have a right under s50 of the Freedom of
Information Act to appeal against the decision by contacting the Information Commissioner, Wycliffe
House, Water Lane, Wilmslow SK9 5AF.