This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Application process to become a Licensed Producer of Medicinal Cannabis in the United Kingdom'.

Freedom of Information Team  
Department of Health and Social Care  
39 Victoria Street 
London SW1H 0EU  
Miraj Kavia 
23 April 2019 
Dear Mr Kavia, 
Freedom of Information Request Reference FOI-1171690 
Thank you for your request dated 27 March, in which you asked the Department of Health and Social 
Care (DHSC): 
I am writing to you to request a list of all private entities in the United Kingdom which are licensed to 
produce cannabis and how to apply for licensing. 
 I am a Stage 3 Hodgekins Lymphoma Cancer survivor and registered medical cannabis patient in 
Canada with Dual Canadian and British Citizenship. 
 Access to Medical Cannabis should not be restricted to specific conditions in the United Kingdom and 
should be a recognized form of treatment for Mental Health  Phycological Health, as well as more 
significant clinical diagnoses. Prescriptions authorizing access to medical cannabis from Canadian 
distributors should also be recognized by the Health Authority in the United Kingdom. 
 The means to cultivate commercially to provide sufficient access to all cannabis products to medical 
patients is a necessity. Clarity on the steps that will be taken to provide this to the public and the 
application to become a licensed cultivator or distributor should also be available to the public. 
Your request has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). 
DHSC does not hold the information you requested. This because we are not the appropriate 
authority to contact on this subject.   
However, you may wish to contact the Home Office, which may hold information relevant to your 
Details on how to do so can be found on the following website:  
If you are not satisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to appeal by asking for an 
internal review. This should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to 
your original letter and should be addressed to the address at the top of this letter, or the email 
address at the end of this letter. 
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communication. 

If you are not content with the outcome of your internal review, you may complain directly to the 
Information Commissioner (ICO) who may decide to investigate your concerns. Generally, the ICO 
cannot make a decision unless you have already appealed our original response, and received our 
internal review response. The ICO will not usually investigate concerns where there has been an 
undue delay in bringing it to their attention. You should raise your concerns with them within three 
months of your last meaningful contact with us. 
The ICO can be contacted at:  
The Information Commissioner's Office  
Wycliffe House 
Water Lane  
Wilmslow SK9 5AF 
Yours sincerely, 
Maria Reed  
Freedom of Information Officer