This is an HTML version of an attachment to the Freedom of Information request 'Who Legally Owns the two Mersey Gateway Crossings.'.

Department for Transport 
Great Minster House 
33 Horseferry Road 
Tel: 0300 330 3000 
Web Site: 
26 March 2019 
Mr Victor Turton 
Dear Mr Turton, 
Information request - Who Legally Owns the Two Mersey Gateway Crossings 
DfT Reference: F0017275 
Thank you for your request for information dated 23rd March. 
Your request has been considered under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.  
Your request is as follows. 
Who legally owns the two Mersey Gateway crossings. Both the Silver Jubilee Bridge and 
the Mersey Gateway Bridge as they currently stand. 
I am writing to confirm that Halton Borough Council is the legal owner of both crossings. 
If you are unhappy with the way the Department has handled your request or with the 
decisions made in relation to your request you may complain within 40 working days of 
the date of this letter by writing to the Department’s Information Rights Unit at: 
Zone D/04 
Ashdown House 
Sedlescombe Road North 
East Sussex TN37 7GA 
Please see attached details of DfT’s complaints procedure and your right to complain to 
the Information Commissioner. 

If you have any queries about this letter please contact me. Please remember to quote 
the reference number above in any future communications. 
Yours sincerely 
Robert S Fox 

Your right to complain to DfT and the Information Commissioner 
You have the right to complain within 40 working days of the date of this letter about the 
way in which your request for information was handled and/or about the decision not to 
disclose all or part of the information requested. In addition a complaint can be made that 
DfT has not complied with its publication scheme. 
Your complaint will be acknowledged and you will be advised of a target date by which to 
expect a response. Initially your complaint will be re-considered by the official who dealt 
with your request for information. If, after careful consideration, that official decides that 
his/her decision was correct, your complaint will automatically be referred to a senior 
independent official who will conduct a further review. You will be advised of the outcome 
of your complaint and if a decision is taken to disclose information originally withheld this 
will be done as soon as possible.  
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply 
directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner 
can be contacted at: 
Information Commissioner’s Office  
Wycliffe House  
Water Lane