Freedom of Information Request 387-18
Please can you assist me with the following for Ipswich Train Station:
1. How many bicycle thefts have been reported at Ipswich Station from January
2018 - April 2018?
a) external secure store
b) internal secure store
2. How many of these thefts have been resolved by access to CCTV?
3. How many of these thefts were not resolved as a result of CCTV not being non-
4. For how long / what duration was the CCTV on site non-operational?
5. Who is investigative lead for criminal organisation negligence for BTP? (ie
faulty CCTV --> false assurance to paying customers --> ongoing theft =
6. Who provides public liability insurance for the Ipswich site?
7. Who is the BTP member involved in processing and authorising public liability
With regard to Questions 1(a), 1(b), 2 & 3 of your request there have been three cycle
thefts recorded between 1st January 2018 and 27th March 2018. Our systems do not
specify the specific location where the cycle was stolen from for these three crimes.
CCTV footage was obtained for one of the thefts; however British Transport Police
officers were unable to view the footage due to formatting issues.
For the further two offences, CCTV footage was not requested or viewed as these
crimes have been evaluated against current force policy screening guidelines. In these
instances the criteria for CCTV enquiries has not been met based on the length of the
offence time frame and value of property, so British Transport Police does not hold any
information on the operational status of the systems.
For question 5 of your request, there is no such post within British Transport Police of
Investigative lead for criminal organisational negligence.
British Transport Police does not procure public liability insurance in accordance with
train stations as this would be a matter for the respective Train Operating Company.
Concerning question 7 of your request, if there are claims made against British Transport
Police then the Force Claims Manager processes such claims as part of their role.
Page 1 of 1